We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laquinta or Best western

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
laquinta or Best western

Which is the most cleanest motel of the two. They are the cheapest rates I found. we are coming to town for the NJCAA word series this Wed. Any places that you recommend to eat at. Love local rest. not chain restaurants. thanks for the advise.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laquinta or Best western

I don't know those two particular hotels, only the brands in general. Best Westerns are generally individually owned by local owners. I've found variability in the quality of their hotels, and in how "modern" or new their decor is. But I've never been to the Mason one.

La Quinta is owned by Blackstone, which also owns the Hilton Hotel chain. They are putting tons, billions of dollars actually, into La Quinta. They've gone from 76 to 500 hotels in the 4 years under Blackstone, which is also planning on making Hilton the fastest growing chain. They plan on doubling the number of La Quinta hotels in 3 years.

55% of La Quintas are owned and 45% franchised, but if they're like the Hampton Inns then they're remarkably similar, unlike Best Westerns which all have different appearances and personalities.

The Hilton properties are my favorite, and if La Quinta's are anything like the Hiltons, (and i expect them to be kind of like Hampton Inns which are the brand of Hilton I usually get), I'd definitely go with La Quinta.

Again, I've never actually seen the two hotels you mentioned so I'm just going on my personal opinions and experiences.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: laquinta or Best western

Can't tell you from personal experience, but I have heard from people I know who have stayed there that they are both are very nice. If price is a deciding factor for you, you can find some great deals and special offers at ohioslargestplayground.com/places-to-play/…

3. Re: laquinta or Best western

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2016, 01:15