We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings island plan for the day

chicago
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Kings island plan for the day

Does anyone have suggestions for visiting Kings Island? Go to the waterpark first and then the amusement park? Food lines? Bring food and have a picnic outside of the park?

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings island plan for the day

If you want to do the water park, I suggest spending 2 days at Kings Island. This way you are not rushed, and you will have a better chance of riding everything.

KI offers meal plans. My wife and I shared one $30 plan and it worked out great. We ate something every 1.5 hours (or slightly over), we were never hungry throughout the day and we never ate too much that we couldn't keep riding rides. https:/…dining-plans

Their Cirque show was top notch a couple years ago, be sure you see it! https:/…live-entertainment

Ohio
Level Contributor
191 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings island plan for the day

When are you planning to visit? Do you want to hit all the big roller coasters? Or do you want to have a relaxing day with young children? With some more information, it'll be easier to help you plan the "Best Day Ever." (KI's current marketing slogan.)

chicago
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings island plan for the day

We are going 8/17. Part of the group will love the big roller coasters. The grandkids are 12, 10 and 6. I will do more low keyed rides with the younger 2. I hope to spend part of the day at the waterpark too.

Ohio
Level Contributor
191 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kings island plan for the day

The good news is that most local schools will be back in session, so you won't have big crowds. The bad news is that because of that, you will have reduced hours. Also, if I recall correctly from last year, shows will only be on weekends at that point. The waterpark is only open 12-6 that day, so you'll definitely want to start with rides. They'll start at 10 for the general public, and your roller coaster enthusiasts should plan to ride Diamondback to start and then head over to The Beast. You'll avoid the long lines these rides tend to have later in the day. Banshee has a really high capacity, so it tends not to build up long lines on off-peak days. Snoopy's Space Buggies and Woodstock's Gliders are the two rides in Planet Snoopy that get long lines, so I'd advise you go straight to those with the youngest grandchildren after opening.

You'll just have to head to the water park after lunch with everyone else. I prefer the food offerings in the main park, although I think there will be some more in the water park this year, and a picnic in the parking lot or running a couple miles north of the park for fast food is always an option. Food lines probably won't be long, although you may find that several places are closed. (with kids back in school, they won't have enough employees to keep them all open.) Usually, the last hour or two in the water park tends to be pretty dead, so if the weather is warm, you can get a lot of waterslides during that time.

It's a great park and I hope you have a good time!

chicago
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kings island plan for the day

Thank you so much for the information. I checked a few days ago and slo discovered that school starts on 8/17. Staffing can be an issue. Good advise.

6. Re: Kings island plan for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2017, 14:17