We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohio Wine in Amish Country

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Ohio Wine in Amish Country

Did you ever think you would find Ohio's 2nd largest winery in the middle of an Amish Community? Well guess again. In Holmes County, Tuscarawas County and Coshocton Counties you will find at least 8 or more wineries and wine-tasting showrooms. You will also find many cheese factories so that you can pick some up to compliment your wine. The top 3 picks for wineries at our B&B are: Ravens Glenn Winery, The Winery at Perennial Vineyards and Breitenbach Winery. The top 3 picks for cheese factories would be: Guggisberg Cheese, Walnut Creek Cheese and Heini's Cheese. Ask your innkeeper to map out a route for wine & cheese for you.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ohio Wine in Amish Country

I've not heard of Perennial Vineyards. Where is it located? We absolutely love Ravens Glenn.

Also, does Breitenbach only have the sweet fruit wines?

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ohio Wine in Amish Country

Winery at Perennial Vineyards is off of State Route 93 in Brewster...just north of Grandma Shearers Potato Chips. I think that they have the most dry wines of our area wineries. http://www.perennialvineyards.com/

Breitenbach Winery does have Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay, etc. They have a few drier wines of their own like Festivale and Dusty Miller too!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ohio Wine in Amish Country

Thanks! I've only heard of & seen the fruit wines at Brietenbach. We will definitely stop there next time we're in Amish Country. Can't wait to try Perennial. My husband & I have become winery junkies the last couple of years!

4. Re: Ohio Wine in Amish Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Millersburg