We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

Which Put in Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

We are 4 gals doing a trip in the summer. ( we go somewhere every year) We need a place to stay with access to pool and a kitchen. Will we feel like the oldsters when we go out dancing? We love eating, having drinks, shopping what do you think is PIB a fit for us?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

i can't quite help you with a place to stay that is dog friendly, but i can tell you you will not feel like "oldesters" when you go out! ;-) eating, drinking, shopping, PIB will be perfect for all of you!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

Hey are you calling us dogs? You haven't even seen us!LOL!!!! Thanks for the info sounds great. We don't have a dog going though!

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

That's funny! I think Irish got your post mixed up with the one below about doggy friendly hotels. With a name like webfeet you must be an Otterhound!

You ladies will have a blast. Show the youngsters what professional, seasoned partiers look and act like!

I would recommend you try to rent a cottage or home. You may luck out and find one with a pool. The other option is to try something like the cottages at Baypoint on Marblehead, beautiful beach, and day trip over to PIB. There's much more to do, you have Catawba, Port Clinton, and Marblehead to explore, too. PIB for one day is plenty for me.

Enjoy your trip! Binti

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

OMG, i'm so embaressed, Binti is right on, i combined your post with the one below about dog friendly PIB hotels! i'm so sorry!

Bidwell,Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

If you have some time the evening before you go to PIB on the ferry, be sure to go to th Mon Ami Winery for dinner, they have a dance floor and great food. Guarantee you will like it. There are lots of different types of rooms on the island, most are expensive. I would reccomend looking on the Put In Bay websites. Look at all the area room types. There are several nice bed and breakfasts, but hurry! I just checked and several weekends are full already for summer. NO! you will not be out of place having fun in PIB. There are lots of gray headed people there to have fun. I'm one. You are a perfect fit.

Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

I don't know if you visited yet, but I would recommend the Island Club, you can rent a house with three bedrooms, two baths and full kitchen, and also a deck. They put in a pool that is opening this year. Rates during the week are much less expensive then the weekends, and don't fill up as fast and There is still entertainment in most the bars. I also think a trip to the winery would be fun for you ladies. Have a great time!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

thanks for the info

8. Re: 4 - fun loving 50ish gals need info never been to PIB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay