We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Which Put in Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
6 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Put in Bay

I am planning to visit Put in Bay or Kelleys Islands in the first week of september. I will be traveling alone. I have noticed all the Hotels and B&Bs are little pricey. Can you suggest any nice decent cheap motel / Hotel for one male person only. Thanks

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

What do you consider cheap?

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
6 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Hello irish

My budget is like 80-90$ a night. As i havent find any hotel with good reviews on the island within this budget.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

You won't either. :-) Sorry! If your budget is $80-$90 a night your best bet is to take the ferry boat back to the mainland and sleep at a hotel/motel there. The first weekend of September is a holiday weekend, so prices will be higher everywhere, and some places will insist you book for 2 or more nights.

Edited: 27 July 2011, 19:41
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Are you looking for mid-week, or the weekend?

Friday - Sunday generally require a 2 -3 night minimum stay, at $200 - $300+ per night. Weekdays are cheaper and there's usually no minimum stay, but hotels are still well above your budget.

The main tourist season ends Labor Day weekend. If you're planning the trip mid-week trip after that, you may be able to find a good deal ... but the island will be completely dead, and all businesses may not be open.

Oberlin
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Harriet's House.....the nicest and cleanest in my opinion. The offer a "bungalow" which is perfect for one person and right behind the strip, no golf cart necessary. Good luck!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
471 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Have you considered camping? The state park is very nice and inexpensive. :)

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
275 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

My friends stayed at Harriet's House and they said it was great. The rooms are the cleanest on the island by far, they rent carts, and they are literally right behind the downtown strip so you can walk to everything! Looking at their website, they have different options from the bungalows (1 or 2 people) to suites (6 people), their new town houses which are so beautiful (8-10 people), and their main house which is what the location is named after.

Side note... they also have the cheapest Pepsi machine on the island, only $1.75 for a 20oz (used to be $1.50 last year... price hike due to Obamacare or inflation or something).

As for camping... it sucks. You are stuck way out on the back end of the island, you can't take your golf cart to your campsite, there is no air circulation on the inside sites so you literally sweat to death in your tent during the day, the bugs are horrible, and you don't have bachelorette parties walking by :)

oh
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Want to take a family trip 4 kids. Would like a place on the beach area.Have not been there before and any advise would be great...Thought this would be a good alternative to a longer drive to Fla.thanks...

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
275 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

Unfortunately, there are no real beaches on Put-in-Bay. It is a granite island. The closest you will find is a pool bar with chaise lounge chairs.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
471 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay in Put in Bay

MGoBlueboy, What about the cabins by the campground. ( I know you don't like the campground) But we always go over there and I saw people swimming on a beach but it was rocky. There was a post that the cabins were average but good for a family reunion. Maybe this would be good for a family.

Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay