We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

Bowling Green, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

We have a place on Port. Clinton. The islands last call is 1215 off the island. We are willing to throw 100 bucks someones way to let us set up a tent on either their site or whatever it may be. We are honestly just looking for someone to crash from the time we pass out late July 4 till the morning to jump on the AM Ferry. If anyone can help me, please text me at 419xxx957xxx8576.

Thanks, Brandon

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

Right on!!!! Sorry I can't help but that's the way we went to Spring break in the 60's - except no tent, just a park bench.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

Yeah ... Good luck with that!

But seriously, try St Hazards on Middle Bass for last minute camping. It's by no means a "resort" like they try to advertise, but if you know what to expect going in, you'll be fine. You'd still need to catch the last (1 am) Sonny S ferry back, but they have their own bar (and JF Walleye's right down the street), that can both be a lot of fun with the right crowd. We've always found people playing beer pong or flip cup on the campground picnic tables, they hold corn hole tournaments, and the pool can be a blast.*

We spent many weekends there camping or in basic cabins, back when we were poor college kids and couldn't afford the Island Club!

*Note: It's been several years since we've been there. They've gone through an ownership change, and now back again. I'm not sure how much things have changed since then.

Bowling Green, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

If we would have known in advance we would have scheduled a place and brought 10 guys to pay for that 1600 a weekend hoax. I already know we will be too messed up to remember to catch the ferry at 1215. Wonder what happens for sleeping in the sand on the beach, or park, anyone have experience?

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
279 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

Sleeping in the park or beach or any public area is illegal in Put-In-Bay and you will be cited or arrested, depending on your level of intoxication.

Frankly, you should not come to the island if your only goal is to be "too messed up to remember to catch the ferry ".

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

^ Ditto. I'm all about having a good time, but you still have to be safe about it. We spent Memorial Day weekend on Kelley's Island. Who was the responsible adult to make sure no one fell off the boat dock AND made sure we made it on to the Jet when leaving the island? This girl. I still drank, just didn't allow myself to get too drunk to forget.

And yeah, sleeping anywhere you're not supposed to will land you in jail. That's a nice place to sleep though! lol

Edited: 03 July 2014, 04:16
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

Nothing personal, but if you can't get drunk and make it the ferry at 12:15am, it's probably best someone didn't offer their land to you.

7. Re: Who wants to help 5 college kids out on July 4!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay