We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 3 Generations?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
118 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for 3 Generations?

We'll be in Sandusky later this month on a Sunday and plan to spend a day in PIB. It will be me, DH, DS12, DD10, and my mom (late 60s). We'll be staying at the Chesapeake Lofts so plan to walk to the terminal to take the ferry. A few questions...

-The Jet Express website says tickets from Sandusky to PIB can only be bought at the ticket window. There are races (10K, 5K, etc) on Kelley's Island that day, and I know the ferry from Sandusky to PIB stops at KI. Any reason to think we'll have a hard time getting walk-up tickets for the 9am ferry? Any ferry discounts available? What time should we walk over to the terminal?

-We definitely want to visit Perry's Monument (DH has the Nat'l Parks passport book and can't wait to get that stamp!). What else should we plan to do? Our kids are NOT shoppers!

-Where to eat lunch? Topsy Turvy is top-rated on TA. Sounds like they have good BLTs, which my mom loves. Good choice for families or somewhere better?

-Is it worth renting a golf cart for a few hours? My mom had knee surgery and is mobile but needs to sit fairly often. If we did rent a golf cart, where should we ride it to?

1. Re: Itinerary for 3 Generations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay
Recent Conversations