We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rollaway beds

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Rollaway beds

Planning a trip in late August to Cedar Point for 3 adults & 2 teens. This is the first time in nearly 20 years that we've been to this area. I've looked at Breakers Express & Econo Lodge...both are comparable in price & offer 2 queens and a rollaway. My question is, how big are those rooms? We don't plan on being in the room except to sleep so I don't need a huge room, but I don't want to trip over the rollaway to walk to the bathroom either. Is the spacing acceptable? Would a room at another hotel with 2 beds & a sofa bed be better? All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Chatham, Ontario...
Level Contributor
9 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rollaway beds

We have three kids and always stay at either of the two Hampton Inns or the Fairfield Inn. We request two double beds and a rollaway. Space is tight with the rollaway, but no tripping hazard. We've never stayed at either the Econolodge or the Breakers so I can't comment on those rooms. Sorry. Extended family members have told us all Cedar Point-owned properties (e.g. Breakers) are too expensive for what you get. Reviews on TripAdvisor are not favourable towards the EconoLodge e.g. unclean. Hope this helps!

P.S. We go every week to CP through the summer.

Flint, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Rollaway beds

Eight of us (adults) stayed in two adjoining rooms this week for one night. We chose Econo Lodge because of the queen beds. The rooms were not large and would have been quite crowded with a rollaway. I like flat pillows, but if you don't, you should bring your own.

The owner of the property was very friendly and quite active in the breakfast room in the morning. The evening check-in person was not helpful at all. The room we stayed in was not very clean and the towel rod in the tiny bathroom was falling off the wall. We would not stay there again.

3. Re: Rollaway beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:16