We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days at Cedar Point?

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
6 posts
Save Topic
Days at Cedar Point?

We are driving from NH to Cedar Point this May and would like to make our hotel reservation. How many days would we need in the park to ride everything? I have 3 boys who LOVE rollercoasters. We were thinking of spending 2 nights at Hotel Breakers and doing an evening and one full day in the park. Would that be enough time? Or should we do two full days in the park?

Thanks!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days at Cedar Point?

Hi, I've been to Cedar Point many times, more than I can count. If your boys love roller coasters, they are going to adore Cedar Point. You mention that you are going in May. If you are going, say, over Memorial Day weekend, then you will probably want 2 full days to be able to see it all. Lines will be longer, you see. But if you are going during the week and before schools are out for the year, then the park won't be too busy and a day and a half should be enough to allow you to go on all the roller coasters.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days at Cedar Point?

what Explorer said is correct. i'm from Sandusky originally and all myy family still lives there and i used to work at Cedar Point. if you're there over memorial day, then it'll be a busy weekend and you'll need 2 days to fully enjoy everything. if it's during the week or on another weekend, then one night and one full day should do it. the full day you go though, get to the park when it opens. if you stay at Breakers, i beleive you get in a half hour earlier than non-CP hotel staying guests. take advantage of it and ride the Mellinium Force and/or Top THrill dragster first thing.

Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days at Cedar Point?

As a season pass holder for 6 years now may I recommend going the first full week they are open. There are absolutely no lines and it makes the park like your own for that day. Depending on the age of your kids....there are things you wont want to do or things you will want to do. How old are they? Breakers is a fantastic hotel and you wont be disappointed. If you get tired during the day youre just a short walk back to your room. Unfortunately, the weather in May in Ohio is so iffy that you might not be able to take advantage of their beach. It is by far the best beach in Ohio. Also, if your kids are small, please look into the parent swap program that CP does not advertise. It will take you to the front of the line. Call CP and check into it or go to park operations when you get there.

El Cerrito...
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days at Cedar Point?

When do the area schools let out for the summer?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days at Cedar Point?

area schools are usually done after the first week of june.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
762 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days at Cedar Point?

I think you could do CP in an evening and a day. Two days would allow you to hit your favs several times. Try and go on a Tues/Weds. Those are the least crowded days.