We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which park is better for children ages 4-9

Lima, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Which park is better for children ages 4-9

We would like to take our grandchildren ages 4 years old to 9 years old either to Cedar Point or Kings Island but which is the best park for these ages and cost wise also?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which park is better for children ages 4-9

Well, for kids that age, I feel you're going to get the most bang for your buck at Kings Island. While I love Cedar Point, and it is THE place for thrill rides, KI has an amazing kids area AND their Boomarang Bay water park is included in the price of admission. At CP, if you want to go to the water park, you have to pay extra, but daily tickets to both are about the same. You really can't go wrong with either, but if you were to ask my 5 year old, she would tell you Kings Island. :-)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which park is better for children ages 4-9

I agree with Kings Island. For years, it was voted as having the "Best Kids Area on the Planet". Last year however, it changed from Nickelodeon (which I believe helped it achieve #1) to Peanuts. While the characters changed, all the rides are still the same (just newly themed).

Plus as IrishLake stated, the water park is included at KI, and not at CP.

3. Re: Which park is better for children ages 4-9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:16