We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cedar point

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
cedar point

hi... going to cedar point in august, having problems getting a flight from the UK .Detriot seems the best way to go,then hire a car to

Sanduskey any over routes to go by?

anyone's help in this matter would be very helpfull.

thanks Ray from Hastings UK

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
450 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cedar point

I would take 275 to 75 south to the turnpike. Exit on Route 250. This is the easiest. Wave to me on the way to Cedar Point. :)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
96 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cedar point

Too bad you can't fly into either Cleveland, OH (about an hour) or Columbus, OH, (about 2.5 hour drive) both are also easy access to Cedar Point. The turnpike is best from Detroit, there will be a small fee when you exit but it is reasonable.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cedar point

Yes, if you are going to rent a car and drive yourself, take I-75 south to I-80/I-90 (aka The Ohio Turnpike). You will exit at Route 250 (north). As stated above, your trip on the turnpike should only cost a few dollars.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cedar point

Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is by far the closest (less than an hour's drive) major airport to Cedar Point, much closer than Detroit, but I'm guessing you have a direct flight between the UK and Detroit....

There are shuttle services from CLE to Cedar Point.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
450 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cedar point

What kind of Shuttle services are there? And can you give us the websites? cost?

Thanks,

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cedar point

Doing a search for "Cleveland Hopkins Cedar Point shuttle," this link shows up and it appears there are several others. I don't know the cost of the shuttle service.

superexpresstransportation.com/superexpresst…

This question has come up before:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g50207-i345-k44970…

It's typically cheaper to rent cars outside of airports in the U.S.

If interested in saving money, call Enterprise, which will pick up and deliver you back to any destination within their service area. There is a RTA rail station in CLE right next to luggage pick up. You could take the RTA red line downtown to Tower City, go to the Public Square entrance and call the Enterprise Superior Ave. office to pick you up. Perhaps the Parma office would pick you up from the Brookpark Road rapid station, which is closer to the airport. If the rates are significantly lower from these offices, it might be worth the hassle. The problem with off-airport rental locations, apart from the hassle, is that the offices typically close much earlier, such as even 6 p.m. and have limited weekend hours.

www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do…

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cedar point

By shuttle, I think trans is talking about a private hired driver/car, usually through a limo service. There is no "shuttle" like a public transportation bus to my knowledge. A taxi would be way too expensive. So a rental car or a "shuttle" limo is the best bet from CLE.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cedar point

Irish, my hunch is that Cedar Point shuttles generally use vans, as they all claim that they can handle larger groups.

Vans are typically used for airport shuttles in my experience. If somebody says they have a shuttle, I think of a van, not a hired car.

I don't know if any shuttle service has a regular schedule to the Breakers, but I would be surprised if there wasn't a regularly scheduled run. Many hotels an hour from Hopkins have regularly scheduled shuttle runs, and it would be shocking if there aren't shuttle runs from Hopkins not only to the Breakers, but to many of the Sandusky hotels.

I've used airport shuttles from hotels not at all close to Hopkins when on longer trips and I don't want to leave my car outside and to ante up for parking fees.

However, Cedar Point doesn't mention shuttle service on its transportation website....

If the OP rents a car, it would be easier, but likely more expensive than a shuttle. The OP also would have to pay for parking (does the Breakers charge for parking?).

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
450 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cedar point

The Breakers does not charge for parking. Cedar Point does have a shuttle within the Cedar Point Complex. We just stayed at Camper Village and took the shuttle to Famous Daves. I do not know of any shuttle from the airport.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cedar point

Ghostly, do you know if the Cedar Point complex shuttle services the Breakers Express, or do visitors there still have to pay to park at the amusement park?