We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Cedar Point

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Cedar Point

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Cedar Point in May or June 2013.

For lodging, is it worth it to stay at a Cedar Point property? If not, do you have any suggestions for the best places to stay?

Also, does anyone know if the non Cedar Point properties offer shuttle services to the park?

Thanks a bunch

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

If you are on a budget, no it is not "worth it" to stay on site. If money is not an issue, yes, it very much is "worth it".

I have never visited cp and not stayed at hotel breakers. Then again I like to chill on the beach for a day and love the convenience of having a room to go back to on site. Plus you have the early admission

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

Search or read through this forum for many threads on this topic. One advantage of staying at a CP property is early admission to the park. Some persons would prefer cheaper offsite lodging and then to buy a fast pass to allow preferential boarding on rides with long lines.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
96 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

Hi PD,

I know of no shuttle services to the park from non-CP properties. So, factor in the cost of parking and/or the benefit of having a room to return to mid-day. I've never stayed at the on-site properties but I'm beginning to think it is worth it, especially for the beach access from the hotel.

About 15 years ago, we would stay at The Maples Motel, which was good rate, quiet, clean, no frills old-style roadside motel. http://maplesmotel.com/. But I mean no frills! :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

Thanks guys, I still have lots of time to decide.

The main focus is to enjoy the amusement park without spending too much on lodging / transportation to and from the park.

Sandusky, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

To stay or not to stay! This is a choice of your own doing but Cedar Point properties are a great value. You stay on any of their properties and get tickets to the park for $32. Many restaurant choices, pools, and a beach with boardwalk on the property. Sorry to say their are no shuttle services at any off site hotels. Have a great day!

Edited: 15 October 2012, 16:26
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
481 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

Where did you end up staying? Thanks! I know I am a little late on this but Maui Sands is running some good rates.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

Hey GM, how are things going for MS? Is it improving its reputation? I haven't heard much about it since the reopening.

8. Re: Where to stay near Cedar Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 18:17