We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
272 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

We are going to spend 4 nights in Sandusky and we live in Defiance, OH and the only seafood we get here is captain d's so we usually try to find a real seafood place when we are on vacation. Any suggestions would be great.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

Bay Harbor Inn (at Cedar Point)

J Bistro usually has fresh seafood dishes

Zinc Brasserie also has fresh seafood dishes. (And all sorts of other amazing foods).

If you're looking for a simple perch or walleye sammich, The New Sandusky Fish Co is on Water St and is carryout only (or you can eat outside) but huge portions of fresh Lake Erie fish for reasonable prices.

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

I'll give your both ends of the spectrum:

If you just want fried fish - perch, et.al. - then Jolly Roger in Port Clinton, a fast food restaurant turned into a fast food restaurant with little other than fish. Cafeteria style service- nothin' fancy.

The finest perch I've ever had is at Mon Ami Winery also in Port Clinton(see their website), lightly breaded perch fillets fried in clarified butter. This is upscale and worth ever penny.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
491 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

If you want local fish (Sandusky) such as perch or walleye. The 800 club on Sycamore line is a great local place with a really cool atmosphere.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

I always forget about the 800 club because I've never been there! That's my moms favorite place for perch.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

Great thread.

I would recommend Berardi's in Huron as another place for good yellow perch, broccoli salad, fresh fries, and pies, and Jolly Roger in Port Clinton is another favorite, but I haven't eaten at the other eateries mentioned in this thread....yet!

6. Re: Can someone recommend a seafood restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17