We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
When to buy Fast Lane Passes

We will be spending 3 full days at CP starting June 18th. We want to buy the Fast Lane passes for two of those days - it is ridiculously expensive but our teens are giving up staying in a hotel and camping instead, in order to afford the passes. When should we buy the passes? I don't know if I should buy them on-line in advance, or wait until we get there. I have read that they can be purchased inside the park, but I'd hate to have them sold out and not be able to get them. But if they are always available, I'd rather buy them there, as we will want to wait until we get there and see what the weather forecast is, as we will be going to Soak City on the hottest day so I don't want to have bought a Fast Lane pass in advance and have to use the pass on a day that we would prefer to go to Soak City. Any thoughts on waiting until we get there to buy the passes? Is is too much of a risk?

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

June 18th shouldn't be a problem buying the passes in the park. They are available lots of places and hard to miss the signs.

We went last year in mid July when it was packed to the gills. We bought the passes online last year, but noticed that they were available until mid afternoon.

Hope you have a blast!!!!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Just tried to edit my previous post but ran out of time to do so.

I see you're going in the middle of the week before high season - you REALLY shouldn't have a problem getting pass any day you want at the park.

Wishing you good weather and great times!!!!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Thanks ScubaLyons!!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
472 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

I had heard if you buy passes on line it's cheaper.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Ghostly Manor, thanks for that info - I will check into that and buy them on line if it will save us money.

Indianapolis...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Hi, I'm planning a trip the June 23 thru 26th. Is the fast pass worth the extra money? Is is cheaper online? Where can I find a discount for hotels? Thanks for any help.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Hi Mary K, we will be arriving at CP on the 17th (evening) and will be using the Fast Lane pass on the 18th. I will let you know what I think about the pass. Hopefully, it will be worth the money. We have visited CP many times in the past, and the lines can be horrible, so I think it will be money well spent. We did visit one year in September and it wasn't crowded at all, but during the summer there will most likely be very long lines.

We always stay right on Cedar Point property, which is more expensive, but you get into the park 1 hour before it opens to the public, and you will also get discounted tickets prices. We also will be able to walk to the park so won't have to pay for parking, and we will be able to walk back to our campsite for lunch so that cuts down on food costs in the park. Overall, for us at least, the benefits of staying right on CP property outweight the lower costs of staying outside of the park.

Indianapolis...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

Thank you for the input. I look forward to how everything went. Thanks again. Mary

9. Re: When to buy Fast Lane Passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 06:17