We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cedar point drop off and pick up

washington dc
Level Contributor
35 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
cedar point drop off and pick up

My husband and I are planning to take our son and his 2 friends (all 15yrs old) to cedar point. My husband and I don't really enjoy the rides and were wondering if there is a drop off pick up spot without having to pay for parking since we probably will not go to the park.

another ?----is the waterpark included in the price of cedar point admission?

Thanks in advance

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
489 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

The price to the water park is not included in admission. You can buy a combo pass or each separately. In years past, you would pay the parking fee, drop them off and then get the fee back on the way out. You can also eat at Famous Dave's or Fridays with the parking credit which would go toward your food. I also wanted to let you know they do have many shows inside the park that you could see. They have a train that goes around the park. So they do have other things besides rides. Have a great time! www.shoresandislands.com will give you lots of information on our area.

washington dc
Level Contributor
35 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

Thanks I think we just might hang out at the park after all! I didnt know they had shows.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

Yes, there are shows and non-thrill rides to enjoy, plus a museum and shopping and arcades. :)

Soak City is indeed an additional charge. A 2 Day Ride n Slide pass gets admission to both parks for 2 days though.

But if you just want to drop them off, you can get parking validated (I believe) at either Famous Dave's BBQ, Bay Harbor Inn, TGIFridays or any of the other CP restaurants that are not technically inside the park.

(Or, you could do what some of us locals do. Go to the parking booth and tell them you're going to the Chaussee, which is the residential road adjacent to CP. Pronounced "shaw-SAY." You'll pay a $1 or a fifty cent causeway fee and then be on your merry way to drop them off at the front gate and then you can head to where ever).

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

How does one have their parking fee validated at Famous Daves?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

I don't ride many of the rides at Cedar Point but I do enjoy going out and walking along the beach or just grabbing a seat on a bench and watching the water. If you enjoy the lake this is also something you can do if you decide to go into the park. You just have to get your hand stamped.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
489 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

Mike, if you pay for parking. Keep your receipt. At the end of dinner they will take the parking amount off of your bill. Like Irish said, it's the outside restaurants that do this for you.

Maumee, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

If you decide to hang out I think Frontier Town near the back is the best for non-thrill seaking adults. The restaurants, shows, and shops are the best. You can also access a beach from CP.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
489 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

They have many areas around the park for entertainment. FYI You can pick up a show schedule once you enter the park at the first Theater.

Marietta, Georgia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

So back to the original question. My son and I are planning to visit Cedar Point for the day, while my wife and daughter have other plans. If they want to drop us off, we just need to say we're going to Chaussee and pay the $1 toll? Can't we just say we're dropping off park visitors and avoid the toll? Also, what about when they come to pick us up at 10:00 in the evening? Do they have to go through the same motions, or is the parking booth unattended by then?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cedar point drop off and pick up

Same motions, Mike, if you pick them up at 10pm.

If you say you're dropping off, you'll have to pay the whole toll. It's POSSIBLE they may give you a "return pass" though, that would get you through the toll booths (still manned) later that evening when you return. If I remember correctly, if you say you're just dropping off, you pay the whole parking fee, but they ask you to come back to the main parking booth and they will refund your money as you leave.