We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Cedar Point during September

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Visiting Cedar Point during September

We are planning long weekend in Kings Island and Cedar Point during September 20-22, total 3 days.

I would appreciate information for next points:

1. Is three days is too much? We are planning Friday in Kings Island and two days in Seder Point.

2. Is it good time to come? Not too cold or windy?

3. Do we need fast pass tickets or on this time we can manage without them? We are 5 adults, so it's lot of $$

Thanks in advance, Anna

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
643 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Visiting Cedar Point during September

Your plan for Friday at Kings Island and Saturday and Sunday at Cedar Point is a good plan. Only issue is that according to their website, Kings Island is only open from 6pm until 1am on Sept. 20th. That still gives you 7 hours to enjoy the park but you will not have the entire day.

https:/…kings-island

I'm also assuming you are aware that Kings Island and Cedar Point are approximately 4 hours apart? Cedar Point opens at 11am on Sept 21st, so it you stay the night near Kings Island and leave early in the morning, you should arrive at Cedar Point right around 11am. Also, Cedar Point does not open until noon on Sept 22nd. That will give you the morning to get some breakfast and explore Sandusky a bit before going back to the park.

https:/…cedar-point

September is a good time in Northern Ohio. The average temperature is in the lower 70's. Of course, the extremes are always possible so 80's or 90's could happen as could 60's and 50's. I wouldn't worry too much about the weather though. It should be fine. Cedar Point is on Lake Erie and the wind is usually higher near the lake. Nothing you really need to worry about though. Cincinnati is in southern Ohio and I'm not too familiar with their weather but it is usually 5-10-15 degrees warmer in the southern section of the state at that time of year.

Its really hard to say what the crowds will be like. The parks are only open on the weekends during September. So it could be crowded with families getting in one last vacation before Old Man Winter arrives. On the other hand, it will not be as crowded as it is at the height of summer in July and August. I would hold off on the fast lane tickets until the day that you are there. If the park looks crowded then buy the fast lane tickets at the ticket window when you enter.

Hope this helped.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
2. Re: Visiting Cedar Point during September

That will be a Hallo-Weekend at Cedar Point ... if the weather is good the park will be absolutely jam-packed (especially Saturday). The major coasters will probably have 2-3 hour lines without a Fast Pass.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
482 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Visiting Cedar Point during September

I think your plan is great. I would watch the weather to determine if you need fast passes.

4. Re: Visiting Cedar Point during September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:17