We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

Honestly, I was planning on visiting PIB and realized Cedar Point is super close. I know CP is known for its world class coasters but is it ok for kids ages 9,10,12 ? Enough rides for them that will not scare the daylights out of them ? Also, where is a good area to stay in that is nearby to both or other attractions? I was thinking of spending a night on PIB. Any info would be appreciated.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

It is more than ok for kids that age. Depending on their height, they will be able to ride many if not most of the coasters. Scary? Nah. FUN? OH YEAH!

Keep in mind if you spend the night on PiB after Cedar Point, it'll take you a while to get there. You have to rely on a ferry to get you to the island. I'd be more inclided to do CP one day, spend the night somewhere on Route 250/Milan Rd, and then go to PiB the following day.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

Most kids will find some rides to enjoy at PIB. Some take to the big coasters like ducks to water. Others are petrified even of very tame coasters, such as the mine ride. Cedar Point has a lot of rides besides coasters, and quite a few shows. It's good to have a few adults with that many kids so you can split up to accommodate each kid's ride preferences.

Some times, even kids and adults who enjoy coasters, just won't feel perfect and can't handle all of the Gs. It's very important to stay hydrated, especially on hot days. Buying fast passes, only needed for visitors who will ride the most popular big coasters, also makes the park more physically tolerable by cutting down the time spent standing in lines. I know I've been there when I had no interest in riding the big coasters during the day, but felt great after the sun went down.

One tip: kids are very sensitive to negative Gs. So the Gemini is a good first big coaster as it has mostly positive Gs. If smaller kids rides with each other, they might be tighter in the seats than when sitting next to an adult.

Most kids greatly enjoy the Raptor as it's so smooth, riders feel like they are flying, with lots of centrifugal force and positive Gs holding riders in their seats. The kids just have to gut out the first few seconds when it sets off, but, once they've ridden it, they are hooked.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

You could always stay at hotel breakers, go to the beach in the afternoon, and do a starlight pass for the evening

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

Thanks for the replies. Will consider.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

My parents took me to the point every year growing up in the 80s. I always loved visiting CedarPoint, even before I rode the coasters, (which were much smaller back then...lol)

CP is perfect for 9, 10, and 12 year olds!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
491 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

Don't forget that Cedar Point also had Soak City. The water slides are really fun.

7. Re: Cedar Point/ Put-in- Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:16