We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help, leaving Saturday morning.....

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
please help, leaving Saturday morning.....

Please help us, we're leaving Staurday morning (staying until Monday) and because of the reviews we're a bit nervous about where to stay. There's four of us going (2 couples), no children (we're big kids) and planning to stay until Monday. I've booked rooms at the Comfort Suites(because they said it was newer) but now I'm nervous because of the reviews. We've also consider the Sleep Inn, Holiday Day Inn Express, Clarion Inn and the LaQuinta. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels but do understand that we can not expect too much. This will be our second time at the park (the first time it rain all day so we drove home) and we want to have a nice time. So any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks so much......

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,824 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help, leaving Saturday morning.....

Can't help you with the hotel but how much time will you actually be there if you're doing the park for two days?

Have fun :)

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help, leaving Saturday morning.....

medic, i'm a bit of a germophobe/hotel snob... just know that the Comfort Suites no NOT have a pool on-site... you have to walk next door to the regular comfort inn. out of the others you mentioned, clarion would probably be you next best bet at getting a room should you decide you dont like comfort suites.... BUT it's probably on the bottom of your list as far as good reviews. sleep and HIE are both fine, and La Quinta is all newly renovated.

I'd say stick with the Suites... you're not going to have great luck finding vacancy other places this time of the season... you can call the other places and see if they have availability... but if you go to Suites and decide you do not like, then make sure you check out within 15 minutes of arriving...

but i think you'll be fine at the suites.

Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help, leaving Saturday morning.....

Thanks soooo much very your advice. I know EXACTLY what you mean IrishLake, I freak out if something isn't clean!!!!EEEWWWW!! And I do understand Liz that we won't be there all day but if it's not clean I won't be able to sleep! Thanks guys so much again. I'll make sure that I leave a review (I will make sure that my opinion isn't based on things like they forgot my towel or shampoo) when we get back. (smile)