We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

Hi,

I'm going to Cedar Point in June/July.

I want to come from Chicago to Sandusky by Amtrak. It seems to be better than traveling by plane, and first of all cheaper.

But I can't find any information about public transport from Sandusky to Cedar Point.

Is there any?

Please help.

Magda

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
761 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

Your likely best bet is to do a web search for Sandusky taxi firms and call ahead for fare information and hours of service, if you're arriving in Sandusky in the early morning. Of course, you also need to add a tip on top of the taxi fare. If you're staying at a Cedar Point property, such as the Breakers, also considering calling or e-mailing for suggestions to reach the park from the Amtrak station.

The Amtrak station reportedly is only ten minutes from the park, so a taxi fare during normal hours shouldn't cost more than $10-20, before tip, depending upon the level of taxi competition in Sandusky.

www.experiencethepoint.com/travel/getting.asp

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
761 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
2. Re: Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 17:35
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

You can check with SPARC (Sandusky-Perkins Area Ride Connection) and see if they will drop people off at the gates of CP. Right now, their route map online only shows a stop at the base of the Causeway, which doesn't allow pedestrians on it. The Amtrack station is in the middle of a lower income area of Sandusky, but there is an unmanned lobby. There a cab phone numbers posted there you can call. Or call them ahead of time and they will meet you there and take you to your hotel.

If you stay at Breakers or Sandcastle Suites, you won't need a ride to the park entrance, you'll be able to walk.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
503 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

I always suggest you call our Welcome Center. Here is the website. www.shoresandislands.com Or I would have a taxi called ahead of time to meet you when you arrive. I love the train ride. Great choice. We have taken it before with no problems. It's around a 6 hour ride.

5. Re: Getting to Cedar Point from Sandusky, any public transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:16