We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best day of the week at Cedar point

ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
best day of the week at Cedar point

I was reading in many forums that Sunday, Tues and Wednesday are the least busy. Whats up with Mondays? I was planning on a Monday and Tuesday in mid July. Also, are the Fast Passes needed for those days?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

Any day in mid July is likely to be busy, as it's peak season - but midweek should be less than Friday and Saturday. Even an average weekday can still have 1+ hr waits for the big coasters.

If this is your only visit for several years (or more), Fast Pass may be worth it to maximize your riding - even if the crowds are light. You could also wait until you arrive, and if the lines were longer than you'd like, buy the Fast Pass then.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

For me, the Fast Pass depends on the weather, and how long I'm willing to stay at the park. I'm admittedly cheap. I long for the days when CP gave ride time hand stamps, like Disney does. If it's really hot and humid and lines are long, a FP is worth it, IMO. But if it's a day when lines are less than 90 minutes, and it's just after a rain, they aren't worth it, IMO. Like JOZ said, July is peak season, so lines on a Mon or Tues still may be long. If you're doing a 2 day Ride n Slide ticket, it may be worth it to get the FP for one of those days.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
487 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

Assuming Cedar Point still has it Starlight pass, you might want to consider going at night and doing something else in our area during the day. Visit www.shoresandislands.com for more info.

ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

We are travelling from the ottawa area just to spend 2 full days riding and sliding. Staying on site in a cottage. That's it, that's all. If we were to wait to see how busy it was/if fast pass is needed, how quickly do they sell out?

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
487 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

I have not heard of any fast passes selling out. You might check on a site called pointbuzz.com.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

I've seen mixed reports of Fast Passes selling out on the absolute busiest days of the year only (Last opening day, 4th of July, Columbus Day) - but even those aren't confirmed. You should have no problem buying them at the park if you decide to.

That said: Considering this is your only trip - they may still be worth it for you to buy ahead of time if you know you want it. Even on a slower day, if you want to ride as much as possible, cutting a 1/2 hr wait down to 5 min, or 1 hr down to 15 min may be worth every penny.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

I am sad to say I didn't make it to the point last year, but in 2012, I visited several times and I did see the fast pass sold out, I want to say two or three different times out of 6 or 7 visits that year. (One of them was a Halloweekend and the park was more crowded than it was on Independence Day.)

8. Re: best day of the week at Cedar point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:16