We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

We usually camp at Cedar Point's Camper Village, but this year, we waited too long to make reservations and now can't get a campsite for our dates. So, we booked a different campground but I am so used (and spoiled!) to staying on CP property, that now I am confused about a few issues.

Can we bring a picnic lunch to Cedar Point? We have done this several times in the past (before we began staying on CP property), and they had a nice, shaded area inside the park by the front gate. We would just drop off our cooler early when we first arrived, and come back later to eat. But I'm not sure if they still have that - and, if they do, do they allowed coolers on wheels? Hubby is getting a little old to be carrying a heavy cooler...

The same for Soak City, do they have a picnic area? We were just there last year, and I don't remember seeing a picnic area there, but I could be wrong.

When we stay at Camper Village or Lighthouse Point, we just take a break mid-afternoon and go back to our site for a nice lunch, so now I'm kind of used to doing that and don't know about other options. We will be feeding 3 hungry boys so I'm trying to save money wherever I can.

Thanks for your help!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

From the FAQ: Can I pack my own lunch and bring it into the park?

Guests are not permitted to bring any food or drink items into the park. However, individual, unopened water bottles, as well as special diet/need items, may be brought into the park. We do have public picnic shelters located outside the Main Entrance. Guests with coolers, baskets and other carry-in items can place them on a picnic table in these areas. Cedar Point is not responsible for items left unattended in the picnic shelters. Shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Soak City does not have a public picnic shelter.

https:/…frequently-asked-questions

FWIW, I have eaten lunch at my car many times. While parking in the big lot, and while parking in the back next to Gemini. You can find shade from the Gemini, or from trees in the back lot, there is also a restroom but I am not aware of any picnic tables in this area.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
493 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

Good points Mike! My daughter recently bought the eat around pass for $75.00. You can eat every 90 minutes at several places in the park and one at soak city. They only have full hook-up sites now at Cedar Point and replaced cabins where the electric only was. It looks very nice.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

Mike, thanks for the info. Now that you described where the picnic area is located, I actually think that's where it has always been and for some reason I thought it was inside the park. If I remember right now, it is to the left side when you are coming towards the ticket booths.

Ghostly, I read about the eating pass, but unless I misunderstood, it didn't cost anywhere near $75 (unless that was for two people). I think the website says $32.99 per person, which doesn't seem bad, but for five of us it would still add up. And, I'm not sure the little boys (both age 11) would get much value out of it because they aren't big eaters, and I know I wouldn't get value out of it. In our group of 5, I think the onlyt two who would really get their $$s worth would be my husband and 17 year old grandson, the biggest eaters of the group. Still, it is good to know that it is available if we choose to do it.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

Ghostly, did they do away with the 'old' part of Camper Village? That's where we camped last year, and I admit I was very jealous of the nicer, newer campsites! We took a stroll through the newer area, and they had much nicer, bigger sites and nicer bathrooms.

5. Re: Picnic areas at Cedar Point and Soak City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17