We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th weekend=Crazy???

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th weekend=Crazy???

This is the only time we will be able to go...its been 3 yrs since we have been there.

its just 2 adults that love to ride roller coasters, so anyone that has been over this weekend in years past can you give me a heads up on what to expect?

we are thinking of staying at Hotel Breakers and getting the hour early entry... being close enough to walk back to the hotel

are we just CRAZY for going over that weekend?? will we spend most of our time just standing in lines and not riding??

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

You're a little crazy, but who isn't? ;)

Staying at Breakers will help. If you haven't already, BOOK NOW. If you don't purchase the Fast Lane pass, yes, you will be in for some long waits. But considering you don't have kids with you, and you can be there from open until close, and if you're cool with skipping smaller rides, you may not need the Fast Lane.

Fast Lane for that weekend is $85/person, and Fast Lane Plus is $105. That does NOT include gate admission. So it really just depends if you want to spend extra to ride as often as you want or not!

https:/…fast-lane

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

thanks IrishLake......I was kinda hoping the same thing, since its 2 adults we can move fairly fast and not have too many potty breaks or stopping to eat for long periods of time!!

we will get there late afternoon on Friday the 4th so we are thinking of buying a Starlight ticket, which am I correct in thinking we will be able to get that ticket from Hotel Breakers for 25.00 bucks??

then we will have all day and night on Saturday.....and if we can walk to the hotel we can always for get in the pool and relax and then go back to the park!!

do they do anything special for the 4th??

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

The park is open until midnight on the 4th and 5th, which is good. If you stay until midnight on the 4th, you can see the fireworks around 10 or so. They might even do them again on the 5th. But on the 4th, if you get there at 5pm, that's 7 hours of park time, which is pretty darn good!

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

I guess we are the crazy ones, I think i'll be booking my hotel room today!!!

thanks for your replies!!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

FWIW, a few years ago when my wife and I had season passes, we went to The Point on Independence Day and yes it was crazy! But, it wasn't nearly as crowded as it was when we went later in the year during a haloweekend!

Have fun and stay safe!

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

I'm booked!!! Staying at hotel breakers. We have never stayed past 6-7pm, cause we always had to get up early to leave the next day...... So being sooo close to our hotel is gonna be great

Plus, riding at nite is going be awesome!!!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

Awesome! I hope you have a fabulous time. Please let us know how it all goes!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
481 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

CMOT, we will also be at CP that weekend. We like going to soak city during the day or riding the water rides if it's hot inside the park. But we definitely take advantage of the hour early entry first. If you are deciding on the fast pass, I heard they can sell out. So check with your hotel on that.

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

Thanks everyone for all the help!! My husband doesn't like the "wet" rides because he wears tennis shoes and doesn't like wet feet...... But since we won't have far to go back to our hotel, I'm going to try and talk him into it!!.

I doubt we will do the fast pass, that's quite a bit of extra cash, so we'll just wait in line and have some good quality bonding time!! LOL

I CANT WAIT,!!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: July 4th weekend=Crazy???

There are lockers near the wet rides. Get one when you first arrive and store your gear. Bring flip-flops or water shoes for the wet rides and store them while riding other rides and then leave your tennis shoes, towels, etc., in the locker while you ride the wet rides.