We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monday nights at cedar point?

Northville, Michigan
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Monday nights at cedar point?

My friend and I can only get our schedules to work for a Monday twilight visit to cedar point from 5pm to 10pm when they close. Does anyone know what the crowd is like on a Monday evening? Will we be able to ride all the big coasters in that 5 hour period? What would you think wait times would be? Thanks!

Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monday nights at cedar point?

It really depends on weather! If it is rainy or overcast in the morning, many people don't go to the park. But overall, Monday nights are usually not too busy.. unless it's a holiday weekend! I wish I could be more helpful but it all depends. There are cameras at Cedar Point that are displayed online and you can watch the crowds that come to the park. The Live Video Cam can be found on cedarpoint.com under 'online fun' tab.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monday nights at cedar point?

Monday morning will be much less crowded than Friday or Saturday evening. Can you ride all the coasters in 5 hours? - maybe, but if there is much of a crowd, it will be doubtful.

Are you familar with the park and are you able to quickly navagite from one ride to the next? If not, study the map and plan your routes efficiently between the coasters you want to ride. Be sure to plan a snack break in the middle and plenty of water breaks. (If you ask for a cup of water at the buger and hotdog stands, they will give you a cup of water free of charge.)

Before you go to the Point, I would suggest determining how long you are willing to wait for each ride... That is, if it is busy for whatever reason, some of the rides may have long lines. You will have to determine if you are willing to burn a chunk of your 5 hours at the park waiting in line for one roller coaster, or if you would rather skip it to ride more of the other coasters with shorter lines. (e.g. willing to wait 1 hour for Millennium and Maveric, but only 15 minutes for Magnium XL 200 and MeanStreak.) If the wait is longer than what you already determined is the limit, skip it and move on. Remember, if you are in line before the park closes, you will still ride the ride, so consider getting in line for Millennium or Maveric at 9:55pm if the park closes at 10pm.

Another option, pre-purchase fastpass... This is a gamble as there may be no crowd and no lines, or if there are long lines, the fastpass may still be available at the park. I have seen fastpass sell out, so there are several gambles going on with this option.

3. Re: Monday nights at cedar point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17