We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HalloWeekends

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
HalloWeekends

We love Cedar Point and have always talked about coming for HalloWeekends. Looks like we may actually make it this year. From what I understand, these weekends are some of the busiest of the entire season. Depending on the weather of course. What I'm wondering is if weekends in September and October are equally as busy or is one month better than the other? Columbus Day weekend seems to be a weekend to avoid due to large crowds. Is the first Halloweekend in September super busy just because it's the first weekend? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HalloWeekends

Halloweekend Saturdays indeed are generally extremely busy (and as you mentioned - avoid Columbus Day weekend at all costs!) - but Fridays and Sundays are usually very manageable. While Fridays seem to have gotten a little busier each year, it's still a great time time to go for night rides without huge waits, and the haunts are open. Sundays tend to be slow, and a great time to get in alot of riding.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 15:49
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
487 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HalloWeekends

Do you want to ride or do the Haunts? And I also believe Saturday is the busiest day.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HalloWeekends

I want to ride and my husband wants to do the haunts. Normally we would buy the fast lane pass, but we are going with another family and they are not able to purchase them. I guess we will go into the park Friday night and try to get a lot of rides in. Then just hope for the best on Saturday!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HalloWeekends

If you could, go on a Sunday. Last year me and some friends went on a Sunday in late Septemeber and we walked on to every ride and haunt all day. It was awesome. Now that might not be the case every Sunday were its that slow in September, but you stand a good chance of having low crowds.

Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HalloWeekends

Sundays are dead for the most part - but CP isn't open during the dark (close at 8pm Sundays)- so the scare zones aren't open then. IMO Friday nights are best. Try to stay at a CP property to take advantage of early entry to get more rides in. Save the dark hours for scare zones!

6. Re: HalloWeekends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15