We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in toledo

Elkhorn WI
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in toledo

I am traveling through Ohio this summer and my first stop is Toledo

I am looking for a motel off I90 prefer comfort inns but not picky.

Any ideas?

Some one suggested comfort inn on 3650 Secaor rd - does anyone know how far that is off I90?

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in toledo

Secor Rd. is not very convenient to I-90. That Comfort Inn is a good 20 min. drive from any of the I-90 interchanges, and, while it is not in a bad neighborhood or anything, there are better and more convenient areas that you can stay. If you exit I-90 at the Maumee/Toledo exit (milepost 59) there is a Comfort Inn at:

1702 Toll Gate Drive

Maumee, OH, US

which is right next to the exit and close to a few restaurants and stores. If you continue to the next exit, Perrysburg/Toledo (milepost 64) there is a Comfort Suites at:

27450 Helen Drive

Perrysburg, OH, US

that would be, IMHO, a better choice. The area is full of restaurants and retail stores and in a very safe suburban location. It is also located right where I-90 and I-75 intersect, so if you are planning on seeing any of the attractions in Toledo such as the zoo or the art museum you can just hop on I-75 north right there in Perrysburg and be at any of them in a few minutes.

Toledo, Oh
Level Contributor
23 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in toledo

I agree with the previous poster that the Perrysburg exit would be the area to stay. Many hotels to choose from, fast food if you wish, but also nice eateries that are pretty unique.

I would get off the highway, find a hotel room near routes 75, route 20, which is minutes from the I90 exchange and check out these Perrysburg sites.

Now you need to venture away from the fast food area of route 20 and see what Perrysburg has to offer.

First there is a shopping area that is called Levis Commons. This is on route 25. This is new and has a small town feel to it but has upper end shopping. It is fun and unique for the Toledo area. Fun eateries are found within.

Next take route 20 into the downtown Perrysburg area. This small town is full of shops. antiques and fun eateries. Try Stella's or Casa Barons. This is a friendly town with a lot of personality. To get a feel for the area drive the Front Street/ River Road to see the beautiful old homes. The river views are amazing. Just walking Front Street either going east or west from Louisiana Ave. will give you a interesting taste of the architecture and beauty of this neat old town.

I am a fan of Way Library. It is just a good place to visit and explore.

There are two Holiday Inns on 20, plus a Best Western. The Days Inn looks like it has seen better days.

Toledo city has a wonderful zoo and a world class art museum, but they are a distance from the highway.

I have seen some unique Bed and Breakfasts around but do not have any knowledge of their quality.

Elkhorn WI
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in toledo

Thanks for the advise - It is always so hard to tell how far off I-90 the motels are and if they ar ein a good neighborhood!

Elkhorn WI
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in toledo

Thanks for the advise - It is always so hard to tell how far off I-90 the motels are and if they ar ein a good neighborhood!

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in toledo

The Hampton Inn in Maumee is also very nice and is right off I-90. Breakfast is included in the price.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in toledo

I have lived in the Toledo area all my life, and if I were going to stay in any of these areas I would definitely choose the Perrysburg area. Perrysburg is pretty much the nicest, safest, most upscale suburb of Toledo that has hotels, and there are all kinds of new stores and restaurants right down Rte. 20 from the hotels at the junction of I-90 and I-75. I would feel safest in Perrysburg and it is very convenient to the turnpike (I-90). Maumee isn't unsafe, but Perrysburg is a bit more upscale and the hotels, restaurants, etc. tend to be newer.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in toledo

Perrysburg/Toledo (milepost 64) there is a Comfort Suites at:

27450 Helen Drive

Perrysburg, OH, US

that would be, IMHO, a better choice....

We agree!... Stayed in Toledo (8/25-8/28/07) and found Comfort Suites to be an excellent choice with one of the best rooms we have experienced for a hotel in the medium price range. (We did an upgrade to a king suite for a birthday weekend and because we were spending 3 nights. ($125 for Saturday night and $89 for Sun. and Monday.) Breakfast is very good each morning.

The location off the I-75 made it convenient to a really nice Perrysburg downtown street and yet minutes to it newest Lavis Commons. We took the enjoyable River Road from Perrysburg to Toledo for a visit to the zoo and the fine arts museum... both we recommend as they were extensive and excellent. Also we enjoyed riding around Maumee and other parts of Toledo. Comfort Suites staff is excellent and goes the extra mile to help you.

Get answers to your questions about Toledo