We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluebird Passenger Train

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Bluebird Passenger Train

Has anyone ridden this train? Is it a scenic ride? We're going to be passing through this summer on our way from Cincinnati to Northern Michigan, and I thought we might stop and ride this train on our way. My two little boys are train lovers. We have a little train in our area (the Lebanon Mason Monroe Railroad) that just goes out a few miles and back, but it's not a scenic ride.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluebird Passenger Train

The Bluebird is a nice train ride. As far as scenic it travels between Waterville & Grand Rapids. It travels over the maumee river (nice view) & by the Historic Isaac Ludwig Sawmill which is a neat place in itself! Speaking of neat places Grand Rapids is a great little town with lots of neat places to see!

If you get a chance have lunch or dinner in Grand Rapids try Fernando's Mexican Restaraunt.

Have Fun!

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluebird Passenger Train

You may also want to check out the railroad museum in Bellvue, Ohio.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluebird Passenger Train

Thanks for the tips. Bellvue is probably too far out of the way for this trip, but I've made a note of the Railroad Museum for a future trip. We're looking forward to it!

Northwood, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluebird Passenger Train

Fact check: due to infrastructure damage, the train has not gone across the Maumee River into Grand Rapids for several years. I used to work at Providence Metropark, home of the Ludwig Mill and Volunteer canal boat from 2003-2007. A train never crossed the river. (On the day of the Apple Butter Festival in Grand Rapids, there would be one little car that would transport festival goers from a grass parking lot across the river). I believe they are working on fixing the problem, but I've heard it is a pretty expensive fix. So, I'm not sure of its completion date.

Back when it did go across the river, I rode it with my dad and we all had a great time. I suspect that if you are able to ride it when you're in the area, you too will have a great ride, but don't expect to cross the river.

5. Re: Bluebird Passenger Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 14:18