We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

faster route to get to Loudonville from Canada?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
faster route to get to Loudonville from Canada?

Hello all going to Loudonville, Ohio end of May for a cycling race. I will be driving all the way from Thunder Bay, Ontario. Can't decide what would be the faster route. Thinking of perhaps driving to Sault Ste Marie, and driving down through Michigan be faster vs driving from Minnesota.

Suggestions please and thanks. I posted this on Loudonville forum, but seems not many people go to it since 2012

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: faster route to get to Loudonville from Canada?

I'm not certain if Michigan would be faster, but you might visit Mackinac Island (reservations needed, a biking heaven), cross the Mackinac Bridge, visit Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and The Henry Ford.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 14:57
Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: faster route to get to Loudonville from Canada?

you said fast ??? yes there are many things to see along the way but you said fast ......SO ..I 75 is 80 mph in upper part of Michigan ....then pick up 23 Flint (exit 114) down to Toledo that is still 70mph ..Ohio you will have to slow down ... Ohio there are a few ways once you get to Toledo ... catch 475 on the west side of Toledo .. if you have the $$ catch the turn pike ( I 80.90 EAST ) if not find 20 East .... look for US 250 south ..by Norwalk .. south when you get to Ashland it turns into US60 south ( very twisting road so don't be in a hurry on 60) into Loudonville. I have driven all of this a time or two.....where in Loudonville ?? Mohican state park is my guess...great place one of my favorites for hiking. short day trips ...i lived in Loudonville for a while ..great place .not much work but a great place ..Mohican Mountain Bike 100..this will kick your butt.. it is tuff to drive around there ...and yes there are lots of horse/buggy to dodge as well as cows/pigs/sheep/deer/turkey you will see lots of wildlife .Ohio Farm country . it will be a wonderful experience for you ... good luck on your ride

3. Re: faster route to get to Loudonville from Canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Toledo