We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

Can anyone provide information about possible existing public transportation between Xenia, Ohio and Dayton, Cincinnati or Columbus? How do people who don't own a car get to/from these cities?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
180 helpful votes
1. Re: Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

Xenia, OH is in a very rural area. Almost everyone in rural Ohio owns a car. Hopefully someone will post about Amtrack or Greyhound Bus options.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
110 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

No Amtrak runs through xenia.

greyhound also does not stop in xenia.

people who dont own a car and need to get to one of those big cities likely ask for a ride from friendss or family. or, they just dont go.

you have to realize that rural areas of the US, outside of large city limits, do not have much in the way of public transport. you can hire a taxi, but it will cost you quite a bit. or you can look into private shuttle companies.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
852 posts
47 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

Xenia is not too far from the eastern suburbs of Dayton. If you could catch a cab from Xenia to someplace like Kettering or Fairborn or the WPAFB area you would be able to catch a Dayton RTA bus (http://www.greaterdaytonrta.org/pdest.asp) and use that to get to the Greyhound station in downtown Dayton. From there you would be able to catch buses to Cincinnati or Columbus. It's not all that convenient, but that's kind of the nature of transportation in this part of the country if you're without a car.

It also appears from a Google search that Greene County, which is where Xenia is located, does have some sort of transit system called CATS -- that may connect with the RTA somewhere, since big parts of suburban Dayton are in Greene County, but I can't get the website to open right now and check.

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
4. Re: Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

There is zero Transit in Xenia, they barely have a taxi service! I was born and raised there and now live in Toronto. Its really sad that Xenia hasn;t grown with the times. Last I rode in a taxi it was pretty cheap thou. You can pretty much get from A to Z in Xenias city limits for around $7.

You can usually find someone selling a decent car for well under $1000.00. I purchased a decent car to get me around when I was younger for $250.00. I also just spoke to my cousin who purchased a car for $250.00 a few days ago so it seems that hasnt changed either!

Good luck!!

5. Re: Public transport between Xenia, Ohio and Cincy or Col.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Xenia