We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Industrial Chic(?) Youngstown

Chicago Area
4 posts
Looking for Industrial Chic(?) Youngstown

My cousin and I will be spending a week driving around in Pennsylvania next spring to see the sights. The theme of our vacation is Steam, Iron and Coal (no forests, hikes or other outdoorsy stuff, I get that when I travel with my wife).

We will be driving through Youngstown on the way there, and we wonder whether there are any sights (major or minor) to see in the area. We can schedule a stop of one to four hours, depending upon the magnitude/interest/importance/coolness of the sight.

By the way, I'm posting this same message under Wheeling, WV.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
978 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Looking for Industrial Chic(?) Youngstown

Sounds like the Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor is what you are looking for.

Located just North of downtown

http://www.ohiohistory.org/places/youngst/

Youngstown
1 post
2. Re: Looking for Industrial Chic(?) Youngstown

Really great & would interest you & the wife: In Mill Creek Park, behind the Pioneer Pavilion is the site of the original iron furnace in the Mahoning Valley. It's built into the hill side and was recently excavated by Dr. White & his students at YSU.

The folks at the Steel Museum can probably give you directions or try millcreekmetroparks.com/rental-pioneerpavili… It's just outside the right frame of the picture.

Get answers to your questions about Youngstown