We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

I will be heading to Guthrie and wanted to know if there are nice hotels that you would personally recommend. I need someplace safe and I don't know how tough a drive it is from Guthrie into Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

From Guthrie to downtown OKC is about 40 minutes down I-35. Sorry I can't help with the hotels.

OK
Level Contributor
61 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

If you are driving into the city, do you need to stay in Guthrie? There are many hotels between there and OKC. North Edmond would be a good choice.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

There are three hotels off I-35 and 2nd street or Edmond Road, whatever you want to call it. They are Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites and Hampton Inn.

Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

There is a Sleep Inn right off I-35 at Guthrie. 414 Heather Road I have felt comfortable staying there alone on road trips. It you arrive late there are several fast food restaurants (Sonic, Mario's Pizza, a BBQ place) and a Love's gas/convenience store within a few blocks.

OKLAHOMA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

Stone Lion Inn

OKLAHOMA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

Stone Lion Inn or there is Rusty Gables

Edited: 10 May 2013, 01:42
7. Re: Coming to Guthrie, OK and want a safe place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Oklahoma City