We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

abertillery south...
11 posts
from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

could anyone help me , im looking at visiting a friend in oklahoma and i cant get a flight direct to tulsa as its out of my buget so im landing at either dfw or iah can anyone give me a route from either airports ,oh by the way im hiking to tulsa thanks and stay good.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
1. Re: from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

Wilf123,

I have lived in Tulsa for 30 years and have traveled to Dallas at least 20 times. I would definitely NOT recommend hitch hiking. Get a rental car or take a bus. Use priceline.com or hotwire.com for lowest rates. Might be able to get a reasonable rate by going to Enterprise Rent a Car direct.

Use mapquest.com for the route. Really only 1 straight thru option and even that takes you thru some very small towns. It is approximately 250 miles from Dallas to Tulsa. Travel time by car is about 4.5 to 5 hours. A couple of toll roads along the way as well.

I actually live about 5 miles from Sapulpa so I am very familiar with the exact route you will need to travel. Stay safe.

abertillery south...
11 posts
2. Re: from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

does the route take me through bad areas or do you think its to far to hike

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
461 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

There shouldn't be any danger along the way.

I guess it will be an interesting adventure. I can't imagine that you can't get a $50 flight from dfw to tulsa. check southwest.com if you can get to the tulsa airport, i will pick you up and take you to sapulpa.

It seems like IAH is about twice as far from Tulsa as DFW. There is one stretch where you will go by a prison with signs on the road to not pick up hitchhikers.

Good Luck!

abertillery south...
11 posts
4. Re: from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

thank you very much for your offer im most gratefull and your advice is very helpfull im leaving the uk in about 6 weeks and am looking forward to getting there again i was last over in oklahoma in june 1994 at camp gruba where i met my friend who i am visiting again thanks .

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
5. Re: from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

Sign up for the Ding! daily specials at southwestairlines.com. They have $49 flights from Dallas to Tulsa all the time. I still stay no to hitchhiking...too dangerous to risk it.

6. Re: from dallas fortworth to sapulpa oklahoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 05:00