We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with Carryout

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
391 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant with Carryout

We will be in Bandon at the end of June on our anniversary. I was wondering if anyone knows of a restaurant with nice food that has carryout. We will have the dog and can't leave her in the motel room. We would like something other than fast food.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,227 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

Don't know of any personally, but here's the TA list of Bandon restaurants:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g51758-Bandon_Or…

What I would do is just call whichever ones appeal to you and explain the situation; might take two or three choices but I'm guessing you'll be successful. It's a small town, folks generally are much more accomodating than in a large city!

Too bad there isn't a good English pub where you could take your dog in with you :-)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

We drove across the country with a large dog in a small car lol and found that most places will give you carry-out. Especially if you mention the dog.

One hotel was a block from a restaurant so we were able to leave him in the room that once..but I kept going back to check on him, so it is really not worth it.

This was the one thing we had to resign ourselves to, when traveling with a dog, it is really you and the dog for the entire time..not a lot of time apart lol.

Happy Anniversary to you two and the dog :D

Coos Bay, Oregon
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

I'm a dog lover who frequently travels with my loved ones. If you can't leave your dog in the hotel room, can't you leave her in the car for an hour and a half or two? The best carryout restaurants are Thai Thai and Tony's Crab Shack, but there are better restaurants in Bandon, but getting takeout from them is not a good idea. The best restaurants, far and above anything else in Bandon, are Wild Rose Bistro and Alloro Wine Bar. But they are fine dining and their takeout (think clam chowder and scallops and calamari and handmade pastas) wouldn't travel well, if they do takeout at all. If you are coming in June, make a reservation for a fine dining place anywhere you go.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

I understand not wanting to leave a pup in a car in summer, even though it might not be that hot in June on the Coast..but I do think most restaurants just about everywhere, will do food to go.

I have done this in a few states now lol and I really don't think this will be a difficulty for you.

msdj, you should post back after your trip and give a report..I for one look forward to hearing about how you manage things..( easily I bet)...and telling how you did it will be so helpful for others traveling with their pets.

I sure could have used some help when we did it the first time!

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
391 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

Scarlett,

I don't normally do trip reports but I will for this one.

I'm not sure she will be up to staying in a vehicle alone even if the weather is cool. She was born at a rescue but they didn't take care of her and, as a result, she has issues about being left alone.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

msdj, bless her heart...then you will have to always eat with the pup while you travel :)

On our trip from the East Coast to Oregon, Pup had the back seat to himself..most of the trip he just napped but there were times, he had his head out the window ( Pup Nirvana)...

he would sit in the back seat and watch us like a hawk when we went to get food..

I sometimes wondered if he thought we were leaving and never coming back or what..but after a while, since I am known to share a french fry or two with him, he saw our stops as french fry stops and didn't look so worried :)

People remarked on how happy he was to see me when we got back in the car, after stopping for gas, I knew he was just looking for french fries lol....

7. Re: Restaurant with Carryout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Bandon