We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in July 2010

louisiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in July 2010

We will be in Bandon for one night and want to stay at a motel/lodge on the beach. I've checked out a few and want advice on Bandon Beach Motel and Windermere on the Beach. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, is Best Western The Inn @ Face Rock on the beach?

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Inn
Bandon Inn
1,507 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
559 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Windermere on the Beach
Windermere on the Beach
694 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint
Geologic Formations, Nature & Wildlife Areas, State Parks
Coquille River Lighthouse
Historic Sites, Lighthouses
Washed Ashore - Gallery & Workshop
Art Galleries, Speciality Museums
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,637 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in July 2010

The Inn at Face Rock is not "on" the beach, it's set back a ways on a side road. My memory is that there are a bunch of trees there, and the ocean is not really close, so the view is not "spectacular".

Windermere has nice views but I think is set back a couple of hundred yards.

The Bandon Beach Motel has a great location right on the ocean and is older. However, I looked at their website and it seems they have been refurbishing it :-)

There is also Sunset Motel - we have stayed there several times but not within the last 7-8 years.

Have you checked out the TA reviews page?

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
559 Reviews
Bandon, OR
louisiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in July 2010

half-Brit, I did check the reviews, but it didn't help me make my decision as to where to stay. I will check out Sunset Motel and hopefully Bandon Beach Motel has availability even though they're refurbishing. Thanks for you help, again!

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
559 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Martinez, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in July 2010

see my review of the Windermere with photos we have stayed there 2 times and the place is sweet. just a few steps / 100 yds or less the beach.

4. Re: where to stay in July 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2010, 05:16