We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Bandon

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Bandon

I am trying to choose a hotel in Bandon that is safe, clean, has oceanview, and preferably <$130 per night. I hve asthma so not pet friendly room would be preferable...I have read the reviews and still have difficulty choosing and would appreciate the advice. Continental breakfast would be a plus :) Any suggestions?

Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint
Geologic Formations, Nature & Wildlife Areas, State Parks
Coquille River Lighthouse
Historic Sites, Lighthouses
Washed Ashore - Gallery & Workshop
Art Galleries, Speciality Museums
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,657 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Bandon

We enjoyed our stay last year at the Bandon Beach Motel. They do have some pet friendly rooms though. Everywhere in town will be safe.

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
559 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Bandon

Thank you very much half-Brit!

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Bandon

Take a look at the Sunset Hotel/Motel. It won't get any better for ocean views and their rates are usually a bit friendlier than Bandon Beach.

-Case

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,657 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Bandon

CanCanCase, Sunset - Vern Brown addition - is now $150 to $170, May 15 thru Oct 15. They *used* to be more reasonable, even just a few years ago :-(

The other rooms there are 'all' pet friendly.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Bandon

@half-Brit:

Your information is incomplete in a way that's potentially mis-leading. I visited family that live next door to the Sunset, and just checked rates and room types IN PERSON before I answered the OP.

My suggestion was to check out the Sunset. Google or a quick phonecall will show that they have many rooms which don't allow pets, have ocean views and sell for well under the $130 which meets all of the OP's criteria.

-Case

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Bandon

Sunset hotel or even Windamere have really nice ocean views.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Bandon

Oh! I forgot about the Windermere... great suggestion!

-Case

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,657 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Bandon

CanCanCase: Please click on this link...

www.sunsetmotel.com/new/rates/brown.html

Are you telling me the motel website is not correct? If so, perhaps you'd better alert them.

Pets are allowed in all rooms EXCEPT for the Vern Brown addition. Which is why in my post #4 I stated the rates *on that section* of the motel:

"Vern Brown addition - is now $150 to $170, May 15 thru Oct 15."

Edited: 08 May 2011, 07:29
North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Bandon

@half-Brit: I didn't say your information (or what is displayed on the website) is incorrect. I said it was incomplete and could possibly be misleading.

In addition to the link you provided, there are 5 other room type/pricing pages. By taking the time to call the hotel, stop by in person, or read the website in detail, you'll find that while there are pet friendly rooms AND pets not allowed rooms in the "Oceanview Studios" and "Beach Cottages". Also, the "Original Oceanview" section states that "pets are welcome in most rooms..." but there are several rooms in that section where pets are not allowed.

We still don't know what date(s) the OP will be visiting Bandon either, so even in the Vern Brown addition, a room < $130 is a possibility. With room rates as low as $50 I stand by my comment that their rates are "friendlier" than Bandon Beach.

I guess the bottom line here is a paraphrase from the TripAdvisor TOS: We will all have our favorites to recommend, but ultimately the traveler should exercise due dilligence and fully research their options... then make their own choices rather than sheepishly following the advice of a DE.

Personally, I would be VERY interested to read a review (or at least forum post) of whichever hotel apple77733 chooses!

-Case

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Bandon

Thank you very much for helpful advice. we stayed at Bandon Beach Motel, liked it there, especially the view from the window :) ocean!!! The room was clean and quiet.

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
559 Reviews
Bandon, OR