We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's the best Pizza?

Which Beaverton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boise
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where's the best Pizza?

Where is the best Pizza in Portland, or Beaverton area? We need a kid friendly place too. Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

Supposedly the best pizza in Portland is at Ken's Artisan Pizza and/or Apizza Scholls. But both places are almost always jam-packed, and I wouldn't characterize either as kid friendly.

Nonna Amelia's and Giovanni's are two of the favorites in Beaverton. Both have great pizza as well as other traditional Italian fare. I'd also give a nod to Pizzicato, which has a several locations around Beaverton (and more in Portland). I think of their pizza as more northwest styled than Nonna Amelia's or Giovanni's, but without the pizza-snob appeal of Ken's or Apizza Scholls.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

I never found the best pizza or even very good pizza in Portland ..

I can tell you what I tried and what was ok but not great..

Hot Lips in the Pearl.

Old Town Pizza and it is in a haunted building if that helps :)

I think that is it...I used to think Portland needed to work on the pizza making but now I am thinking that we lived in NYC too long and now nowhere will ever have good enough pizza for us lol.

New York New York on NW 23rd was ok once, a slice but generally they all have rubbery crusts and way too much grease dripping off..

hope this helps ( Scarlett, the pizza maven lol)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

I agree with mistletoe on the Beaverton suggestions. Nonna Emilias is out on 170th and Canyon, but Giovannis is right in downtown.

Scarlett--DH has brought home Hot Lips a few times. It is good, but I couldn't believe how huge it was, lol!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

Hot Lips is good, and fun too as they make pizza's that are different that the norm. Interesting toppings and combinations.

Has anyone been to Flying Pie?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

My favorite times to eat at Hot Lips in the Pearl were on Wednesdays when the Farmers Mkt was there, in the lot in front of Hot Lips.

We would go early, with Pup and have a slice , sitting outdoors and watching them set up .. then we would shop and go home, arms full of flowers picked that morning on a flower farm out in the country, and bags full of produce and fruit and someones fabulous baked goods :)

This is one of the things I miss most about Portland... :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

<< This is one of the things I miss most about Portland... :) >>

No - not the pizza lol the fresh produce and shopping at farmers markets :D

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

Try Dove Vivi at NE 28th and Glisan (cornmeal crust) and Bella Facia on Alberta - very different, but both champions. We take out, so I don't know how kid-friendly their dining is.

Level Contributor
34,474 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

Escape From New York in the Nob Hill area is very good, there are a few seats inside as well as outside, most pizza places are kid-friendly. Have fun! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

syrahgirl reminded me that I mis-named the pizza place on NW 23rd ( no one calls it Nob Hill) ..I

said <New York New York on NW 23rd was ok once, a slice but generally they all have rubbery crusts and way too much grease dripping off..>

The name is Escape from New York ... I must have had a song on my mind lol

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where's the best Pizza?

<<New York New York on NW 23rd was ok once, a slice ...>>

That makes sense, Scarlett. I'd guess that one slice of pizza is all syrahgirl (or was it her daughter) have ever had in Portland.

Get answers to your questions about Beaverton