We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Sleeps in Bend

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Sleeps in Bend

With family coming in for a wedding, we spent this past weekend touring some of Bend's independent budget motels. They don't have websites, so they aren't as likely to be found by out-of-town visitors. These are budget motels, so they are those older 1950s and 1960s no-frills places, but if you don't plan on staying in your room much, they are a great option. Here are our top three choices

Cascade Lodge - this was our favorite and we reserved rooms for the wedding guests here. All of the rooms have just been remodeled. Heated outdoor pool. Each room has a small fridge & microwave. They have at least one "spa" suite (bedroom and separate living area with kitchen, and the bath has a large jacuzzi tub) and one room (#36) has three beds and a pull out bed. The rooms are large and the bathrooms exceptionally large for a budget motel. On busy Third Street (Highway 97) but the rooms are far enough from the road that noise should not be a problem. Single room: $59; double: $75, spa suite $89; room with 3 beds $85. (541) 382-2612; (800) 852-6031

Dunes Motel - the rooms are clean and simple but nicely decorated. They offer a Continental breakfast, but I doubt it's more than fruit, coffee and pastries with no dining area. Small fridges and microwaves in the rooms. This motel has been AAA approved. Rooms are approximately $49 for a single and $59 for a double (the owner wasn't there when we stopped by and the caretaker wasn't certain of the rates - my guess is they are higher). On NE Third Street. (may be noisy) (800) 681-9336; (541) 382-6811

Rainbow Motel - this one is conveniently located close to downtown on NE Franklin. The rooms are clean but its the most simple of the three motels listed here - it's your bare bones budget room, but they do have fridges and microwaves. Don't bother to open the drapes - you'll have a view of the parking lot on one side and a fence on the other. The smoking rooms are in an older building and are $49 for a single and I think $69 for a double. A newer building is all non-smoking and rooms are $59 for a single and $79 for a double. Would be quiet at night. (888) 529-2877

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Sleeps in Bend

I think I stayed at the Dunes 5-6 years ago. Seems consistent with this report... only to say that I was there on an autumn Saturday night and paid $40 + tax for the pleasure. I'm guessing you'd be right that the rates are higher than what you stated.

I remember trying to "walk in" for a room at the Cascade once (during summer)... it's certainly popular enough that calling ahead is a good idea.

Thank you for the updates!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Sleeps in Bend

DW and I stayed at the Dunes on our Honeymoon almost 27 years ago!! They had waterbeds back then. WooHoo!!

3. Re: Cheap Sleeps in Bend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 19:17