We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

Which Bend hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
14 posts
Save Topic
Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to get engaged in Bend or the surrounding area? I wanted to do it while snowboarding but found out that Bachelor will no longer be open for riding. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I very much appriciate your input.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

There's a waterfall just west of Bend called Tumalo Falls - it's not the biggest waterfall by any stretch, but it's pretty and there is a small overlook that would make a very nice setting for a proposal. The drive is easy, though part of it is dirt road, and there is a very short hike to get to the falls from the parking area.

mckenzie bridge...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

Hi , McKenzie Riverside Cottages. Located on the McKenzie River.They have beautiful cottages along the river. There is a special little cottage that is perfect called Lookout. Please go tour website at mckenzieriversidecottages.com and click on the tour tab and look at it . Give them a call, Kristie

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

We love Smith Rocks it is a nice hike to the top and a beautiful view. I suggest a hike to the top and do it there ;).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

I believe the Bend Airport offers a first-time flight lesson for $40. How about in the cockpit of a Cessna 172 2000 feet above Pilot Butte?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,847 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

If she is anything like me.... you will have to pry loose her death grip on the seat, and try to force her eyes open to see the ring, if you take oregones suggestion...but that might just be me. :)

I hope we hear about this after it happens..I want all the details please!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

Make sure to check with Mt Bachelor Resort on the status of the chairlifts- I've ridden the chair lift in the summer awhile ago to the top of Bachelor for some awesome views.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

Top of Lava Butte? Or Benham Falls? South of Bend about 15miles.

Oregon
Level Contributor
425 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

You can still take her to the top of Mt Bachelor - the lifts run in the summer and you can stand on the summit with her overlooking the Cascades, the Central Oregon Valley and beyond. Just remember, even if it's hot down below, the wind is always chilly up there so take a jacket so she doesn't freeze!

San Francisco
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I think that I am leaning towards to top of Mt Bachelor.....just kinda fitting I guess. I will let you all know what happens.

Personally, I would have loved the flying lessons but we all know it isn't what I want any more :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,847 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to propose marriage in Bend?

lol, good luck..hope you get what you want :)