We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great bar in downtown Bend!

Morganton, North...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great bar in downtown Bend!

My girlfriend and I recently spent a couple nights in Bend during our trip to Oregon (we're from NC). We went to a small bar in downtown Bend called "28" (I think) and it was amazing. First, the bartender was super friendly and very helpful. Granted, it was a Tuesday night, but she answered all of our questions and even let us try "sips" of several different liquors that we don't have here in NC. She was honestly one of the nicest people we met on our trip. Second, the drinks were amazing! I'm usually a beer guy, so I really wanted to go to the Deschutes Brewery...but after four incredible drinks at "28" we called it a night!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,074 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great bar in downtown Bend!

Morganton NC... I must admit that when I lived in Charlotte, I knew someone who was committed to Morganton State Hospital lol.... now you know what kind of friends I used to have.

Please do tell us more about your trip to Oregon... good to hear you had such a good experience at this place :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great bar in downtown Bend!

He're some must-dos for Bend this time of year, Indian summer, the best couple months in the PacNW:

Hike: Tumalo Falls, Green Lakes

Explore: Newberry/Paulina, Smith Rocks

Drink: Deschutes Brewery beer, Bendistillery vodka

Kayak: Sunriver and downtown, if you need flatwater

Hire: Someone to take you mountain biking and teach you fly fishing

Eat: Bistro Corlise, Alpenglow (breakfast), breakfast at the airport, Pizza Mondo, Deschutes Brewery Public House, Croutons

Golf: Tetherow (while you can), Quail Run

Enjoy yet laugh at: Old Mill District. Yes, it is a welcome and needed change in land-use. Yes, it contains the same litany of uppy-yuppie shops you'll find at any neuvo-chic open-air shopping district in the Great Republic.

To fit in: Rent a Subaru with a multi-function Thule carrier. Borrow your friend's lab. Don't drive like a Californian. Leave the Patchouli for the Eugenians.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great bar in downtown Bend!

@amchef... I take it you enjoyed your trip?

For the women drivers who wish to blend in you omitted "Wear a power suit while drinking a skinny latte & texting from a Blackberry ... and driving a Hummer. 'Enhancements' from a local plastic surgeon are optional but highly encouraged."

:-)

How was the canoe & brew tour?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great bar in downtown Bend!

It sold out. So we did canoe, and then brew. And brew. And brew. And brew.

Yep, great trip. Bend was a haunt of mine many eons ago, but my wife had never been there. Very nice to see the town grow up and grow well, without too much of the bs pretense of other western chicvilles.

5. Re: Great bar in downtown Bend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:15