We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

Vancouver...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

We are looking for a rental home for dec 10-12 or dec 17-19. We will be going skiing in bend, should we look for a house in sunriver, is it too far?? or stay in bend, does anyone know of any homes for rent...reasonable price.

thanks

cm

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

Either Bend or Sunriver would work well. We always stay at Sunriver and thoroughly enjoy it. Lots of homes large enough for your group, but of course the larger homes rent for higher prices. There are several property management companies that have homes at Sunriver, as well as private rentals. We have rented directly through Sunriver a few times, but the company that we usually go through is Sunray Inc. Their service has always been great, they have a good variety of homes, and their prices and policies are good. One thing with Sunriver, you cannot rent a home that says it sleeps 10 if you actually have say 12, but think the kids don't count. They do, so you need to make sure that you have a home large enough. I might be able to suggest few specific homes if you let me know how large your group is.

Vancouver...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

well we are 8 adults, and 10 little kids, from 3 months to 6 years old.

Yes that would help me, with the homes :)

thanks

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

You would need to call Sunriver and check on the number of people since some are infants.

Two large homes that I have stayed at are these:

1--http://www.sunriver-resort.com/oregon-vacation-rental-unit.php?id=3541&p=

2--http://www.sunriver-resort.com/oregon-vacation-rental-unit.php?id=3500&p=

Both of these are very nice and well suited for large groups. I have stayed at both of these several times.

Another option would be to get 2 homes either next to each other or on the same street.

Definitely give Sunriver a call about these, or call Sunray and see what they can do for you. I would do this asap. Please let us know what you find, and enjoy your trip:)

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

Sunriver would be fun, especially since the holiday celebrations will be going on and there are many amenities for the kiddos. (Ice skating, pools, and so on.)

If you're interested in being in town and having better access to a wide variety of restaurants, shopping, and so on... check out the Lavabelles vacation homes (downtown) or maybe the Mt Bachelor Village? Lots of homes on VRBO that might meet your needs too. If you see one you are interested in find out which neighborhood it's located in, and can help you decide if it would meet your needs.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

have you checked www.vrbo.com

6. Re: looking for a rental home for 8 adults with little kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bend