We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bend, Sisters...????

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bend, Sisters...????

I've started looking at websites and reading reviews, but thought I might get a shortcut here...we are not outdoorsy, but would love a view of The Sisters? If not, a forest will do.

We are in our 60s, looking for luxury, a beautiful room, an outdoor pool, a good restaurant...we don't need bikes and hikes and volleyball and golf.

We're coming from Eugene so location is not THAT important...another half hour drive is not going to be a dealbreaker.

We want to sit on our beautiful patio, visit downtown Sisters, and Bend (never been to this area before)...we want a restaurant on premise (or a close walk) so we can have our wine and not have to drive...so far I've looked at Black Butte (too huge and busy), Seventh Mountain and Five Pine (more like it)...but not sure what place would be perfect for what we want...any suggestions?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

Perhaps Sun River? We've had family gatherings there for several years. It is large but it depends on where you lodge.

Bend is a nice hub for a visit to an interesting and beautiful area.

Oregon, Central/Bend Area

http://www.visitbend.com/

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

Possibly Pine Ridge Inn?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

Take a look at Suttle Lake Lodge, just west of Sisters. Beautiful lodge, great restaurant and very private setting right on the lake.

Five Pine is beautiful, but not sure the location is what you are looking for. It sits on the main highway, although some of it set back a little bit. Very nice place though, and an easy walk from anything in the main part of downtown Sisters.

We stay at Sunriver often, and while it is larger than Black Butte, like Voyaging said there are numerous options for where to stay there. The River Lodge is the nicest of the lodges and you don't have that feel of tons of people around there. Plus, it backs up to one of the golf courses, but you can see the mountains through there. The main lodge is adjacent, so several good restaurants there or you could walk to the main village for more options.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

Agree with the rec's for the Pine Ridge Inn and Suttle Lake Lodge. You could also check out the Ameritel (in Bend above the Old Mill District) and Eagle Crest (Redmond). You also might be able to find what you're looking for at Seventh Mountain Resort.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

You guys are great! It's going to be a while to check all these out but I've seen some names I hadn't otherwise come across so this was very, very helpful. Be back in a couple of days once I've narrowed it down.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
171 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

I haven't stayed there, but another place that might fit the bill for you is Brasada Ranch, near Bend, fairly new place.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

Well, aren't there a ton of fabulous places! I have been poring over websites, making lists of pros and cons, and I think we have a winner...with a few doubts that I need cleared up.

first of all, they truly were all fantastic. We personally do not like huge gigantic spread out places, so we immediately eliminated Black Butte, Sunriver and Eagle Crest.

Pine Ridge, Seventh Mountain, and Suttle Lake all were lovely, too...but they either lacked a pool or restaurant on premise, something that was very important to us. Or they were out of the price range.

Our final two, one being much more expensive than the other, was either Five Pines or the late entry of Brasada Ranch...that was so lovely. But also expensive.

I'm not going solely on price, but what I perceive to be *value*. And the things that were important to us...FP and BR BOTH had indoor and outdoor pools, restaurants on premise or nearby, rooms with fireplaces, forest (or mountain) views.

Brasada Ranch was stunning. But honestly, I can't see paying that much more than what Five Pines has to offer. I know FP is near the main road, but the cottages seem to be set well back from it - has anyone stayed there and did you find it to be very noisy?

We also LOVE that we can stroll to downtown Sisters...one thing we really hate to do on vacation is drive at night. During the day we'll go to Bend and the High Desert Museum, but at night we just want to be "home". Oh, and Five Pines also has a small movie theater on site, we thought that was fun.

So, if there is anybody who feels very strongly that Five Pines in their website does not portray themselves accurately, and feels we'd be making a big mistake...please let me know.

I can't thank you all enough for all your suggestions - they were great!

8. Re: Bend, Sisters...????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:40
Get answers to your questions about Bend