We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

Which Bend hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are planning a quick trip down from Seattle early next month to enjoy your city, the fresh air, the river and of course... the beer!!!

I know it's short notice, but any recommendations on where to stay, Sept. 6th - 9th. We'd love to camp or stay in a Yurt (but they all looked to be booked).

Any and all recommendations are appreciated, our budget would be up to $200 a night (preferably cheaper if possible).

Thanks!!!

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

If you want something central and "walkable" ... Try the Hilton Garden Inn (Old Mill District), Phoenix Inn (downtown), or the TownePlace (Century Drive / 14th St) in Bend.

Tumalo State Park would be your best bet for camping nearby. Not sure if they have yurts.

Good "beer centric" attractions are the Bend Ale Trail, Wanderlust's "Brew Bus", and the Cycle Pub. If you decide to travel a week sooner (for the Labor Day holiday) check out the Little Woody Festival at the Des Chutes Historical Society.

Have a great trip, and post again if you have more questions.

Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

The Hilton Garden Inn looks nice, and love the walkable aspect.

How is the Cascade Lodge? I've read the reviews, I know its cheap and bare bones, but is it close to any/all of the breweries?

Also are their taxi's readily available in Bend?

Thanks!!!

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

I don't have any personal experience with the Cascade Lodge. If you were feeling really adventurous I guess you could walk from there to Crux (3/4 mile?) or even the Old Mill. A bike would be even better. (I frequently bike through that general area.)

There are taxis in Bend but you have to call them to pick you up.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

Check out Boneyard Brewing, it's delicious!

I know this is the total opposite of a tent or yurt - but -- when we've gone to Bend recently we've rented houses. There are some that are really not that expensive compared to hotels if the rates are high, in fact they can be cheaper! I've stayed at both Lucinder at www.lavabelles.com and the Autumn Cottage here http://www.bendcottages.com. Both were walking distance to the downtown area. If they still have availability you may be able to negotiate a last minute deal.

5. Re: Looking for lodging Sept. 6-9...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:15