We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

Southern Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

Are there any?

5 replies to this topic
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

If they have Comcast or maybe some other cable system, the bar should have the Pac-12 network. If only DirecTv or Dish, no. We have DirecTV and are still very ticked that they have not made a deal with the Pac-12 network. Same story with the Portland Trailbazers TV network. Arrrgggh!!!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

If you're looking for specific games...like the Duck football games...be aware that most of the games will be airing on the major networks and/or Fox or ESPN sports. The Pac-12 network will show games not contracted to major stations and will show reruns of games ad nauseam (they're still showing last year's games to fill air time.

Bars/restaurants with multiple TVs will include Pac-12 viewing if the local team is playing, but maybe not otherwise unless asked. Places with just one or two TVs will definitely only show the local teams. If you're looking for specific volleyball, soccer, lacrosse or women's basketball games...good luck!

Southern Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

I'm going to be in Brookings on the weekend of 8/31. The Beaver game is on the Pac-12 Network. I know that DTV, doesn't carry the Pac 12, Wasn't sure if the local cable provider had it or not.

Southern Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

And/or what my best option would be in Brookings. Sports bar? Tavern?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,012 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.

With the caveat here that I don't watch any sports other than a few minutes at a time now and again . . . you might try:

Onion Grill

Wild River Pizza

Ken's Tavern

Vista Pub

We've eaten at the the first two and I'm pretty sure I remember TVs there.

There is an old sportsbar looking place down by the marina but I'll be darned if I can remember its name... may not even still be open!

Reply to: Bars/Restraunts that have the Pac-12 Network.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brookings