We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

We will be visiting Cannon Beach On Thanksgiving Day. I am looking for a few restaurants suggestions that will be serving a Thanksgiving themed meal. I am hoping for a brunch or lunch.

10 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

You might check Morris' Fireside or Driftwood, but in our experience, most restaurants not associated with a hotel are closed on Thanksgiving. Of the few in Cannon Beach associated with a hotel, the easy choice for us would be The Wayfarer at Surfsand Resort. And it appears they might have the meal you're looking for: wayfarer-restaurant.com/menu/christmas-menu/ .

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

Wait, so you changed your mind about Portland?

There will be nothing open except maybe the surf and sand as mentioned below. You’ll eat a whole lot better in Portland. And I wouldn’t want a dinner reservation in CB because if the weather is miserable, you won’t want to go to the coast. Again, nothing open. You’d either be in your car or outside. And then you’d be driving back in the dark.

Unless you’ve decided to stay overnight in CB?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

I did not change my mind about Portland. My original plan was to leave Seattle Thanksgiving morning and drive to Cannon Beach. But the only thing we wanted to do was see the ecola state park and go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Unfortunately the cheese factory will be closed so it kind of seems out of the way to drive all the way out there to the state park when we have oceans in California.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

I was just curious as what my options were to eat if we decided to go there. But since it looks like there are very limited options we will probably skip Cannon Beach all together. Instead heading straight from Seattle down to Portland arriving in Portland mid-morning. Still not sure what we will do for the day in Portland with not much open.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

The zoo is open. Japanese garden might be. I couldn’t figure that out. Powells city of books has been in the past and they have an awesome kids section. You could inquire on Facebook.

I’m kind of confused about your overall trip plan. Why are you driving to Portland on Thanksgiving? It would make more sense to me to stay in Seattle one more night and eat at your hotel there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

You are right, it would. Except we are leaving PDX Saturday morning and I would like more than a half day to explore.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

check out the stephanie inn in cb and see if they are serving thanksgiving dinner

Level Contributor
38,840 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

The meal at Wayfarer sounds awesome! This restaurant has very good food and pretty views of Haystack Rock. You can book on opentable, I think you should see Cannon Beach, it's beautiful there. Have you been to Cannon Beach before? :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,806 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

Just in case you are still thinking of heading to CB for Thanksgiving, I just saw that Public Coast Brewing Company there will be open for Thanksgiving and will be doing a special Thanksgiving meal as well as their regular menu. This is one of our favorite places in town:)

Level Contributor
38,840 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?

Where did you end up? Would love to hear about your time in Cannon Beach! :)

Reply to: Where to eat on Thanksgiving?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted