We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
625 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
What to see

Where should we stop on our way from Seattle to Cannon Beach ?

What to see ? Is there a place we can stop for lunch half way ?

Thank you!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see

You had some answers from your last posting, copied below. What do you like to see? To do? Lots of choices...

Posted on: 12:27 am, April 25, 2006

If you have no desire to see Portland, then we usually prefer I-5 to Longview, cross the river and around thru Astoria, and down.

See mapquest.com punch in Seattle to Cannon Beach....should give you the best visual.

Posted on: 7:56 pm, April 25, 2006

I agree with the drive around Astoria. It also has some historic sites to stop at to stretch the legs a bit.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
625 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see

Sorry I didn't remember I already wrote the same question before.

Thank you.

Level Contributor
35,446 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see

If you go to Astoria, there is a new place that opened on Pier 39 called Rogue Public House, a great restaurant with pretty views of the Columbia River, we had a nice lunch there, the salmon cakes were really good as was the clam chowder. Great varied menu with burgers, sandwiches, etc. Have a great trip! :)

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to see

albertoV05, I wasn't trying to cut you off :) As I said, there is much to see and to do between Seattle and Cannon Beach, and your lilkes and interests might help tailor more detailed responses.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to see

There are SO many places to stop to eat and stretch your legs on that drive.

Listen to voyaging ! :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
625 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to see

thank you all for your advises. :-)

We want to stop to see some beautiful points of view and for lunch.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to see

My wife and I drove from Seattle to the north Oregon coast last summer, and we must have taken the wrong route because we didn't find much of interest, either for scenery or food, until we got to the Long Beach peninsula. We took hwys 8/12 from Olympia to hwy 101, and went south. I'm guessing we should have either taken the hwy 105 loop off 101, or gone west from I-5 on hwy 6 instead of 8/12.

I'd definitely suggest a stop at Cape Disappointment State Park, just outside of Ilwaco, Washington. The views from the north lighthouse and interpretive center there are especially nice.

8. Re: What to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 23:20