We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Kansas City
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

We are staying in Cannon Beach Thursday night and would really like to eat at a good restaurant with a view. Does such a restaurant exist? Are we better off eating somewhere like Gower St. Bistro and skipping the view?

We are staying at the Ocean Lodge, so our room will have a view, but since we have limited time on the coast we thought we would take full advantage of every opportunity to see the sights.

Level Contributor
35,922 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

The Wayfarer has good food with views of Haystack Rock, other than that, Mo's has excellent views but is very casual, the food is not on the same level as Gower St. or Wayfarer. Ocean Lodge is very nice, right next to the Stephanie Inn where we enjoyed an amazing meal this summer but no views here.

We also really like Newman's @ 988, a small, fine dining venue in CB with excellent food and service. Enjoy your time in Cannon Beach and please report back with us after your experiences. :)

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Ditto on the wayferer, be sure to call for a reservation asap and specify an ocean view table. Good sea food dishes.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Yes, the Wayfarer would be very good. We have been there many times and always enjoyed it.

Syrah--So how was the Ocean Lodge when you stayed there?

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

I'm going to ditto a ditto. I have been the Wayfarer quite a lot, with a variety of people, large and small number of people. Service has always been good, and even without a ocean ocean view you can still see it fairly well. The booths near the area away from the ocean are raised up so you can still see the sunsets ;).

They have a full bar, so any mixed drink you want they can make.

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Rivergallery - When I was growing up we called that, ditto, dotto. (-:

Kansas City
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Thanks! We have a reservation for the Wayfarer tomorrow night and asked for an ocean view table - hopefully we'll catch the sunset. I'll report back on our meal (and our stay at the Ocean Lodge).

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Tyr52 are you implying something?

LOL ;)

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Rivergallery -

No not really, hope you have a great visit with your family to Salem.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Just an update (I'll post a full review on the restaurant later), we ate at the Wayfarer on Thursday night. The view was great and the food and service were pretty good. I had the clams in a tomato/garlic broth, which tasted very fresh, and my husband had the fish and chips, which he said were the best he'd had (and he's a fish and chips fan). we split a molten chocolate cake desert that was good, but kind of ruined by a big scoop of ice cream on top of the whipped cream (should have stopped with the whipped cream). The only real downside was the decor, which was pretty dated and a little worn, but with a view like that, the decor doesn't matter so much. Overall a pleasant, if not fabulous, experience.

Loved the Ocean Lodge - we had an amazing view, the staff were really friendly and helpful, liked that they had a huge library of free dvds to check out and the continental breakfast was really good for that type of breakfast. Would definitely recommend it.

Level Contributor
35,922 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cannon Beach Restaurant with a view

Glad you had a good time, Cannon Beach is such a lovely area of the coast to spend time in. :)