We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

Northwest Illinois
Level Contributor
99 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

Looks like most - maybe all hotels - are full in Cannon beach July 19 and 20. Is that likely - or should I resort to calling?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

It would not surprise me if they were full. They book pretty far out as it is such a desireable area. But definitely call as the websites may not have the most up to date information, as well as any cancellations that might have come through.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,657 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

July 4th I would not be surprised at hotels being booked up already - but the 19th & 20th, I would guess that the websites are giving you trouble. We have found it's much better to call.

There is a PRCA Rodeo in Astoria that weekend, but I don't *think* it would affect Cannon Beach. (?)

Mentioned in this post
Astoria
Astoria
Oregon Coast, OR
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

I believe it!

Especially if one of the other towns is having some sort of event.

Call or Try looking around Manzanita or Arch Cape..that is what we did..it is only 10 miles from Cannon Beach to Arch Cape.

Mentioned in this post
Manzanita
Manzanita
Oregon Coast, OR
Arch Cape
Arch Cape
Oregon Coast, OR
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

What kind of place are you looking for? It's not surprising that beachfront hotels might already be booked, but I'd think you could find something. Have you tried http://www.cannonbeachhotel.com/?

Level Contributor
37,627 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

Check out the Ecola Creek Lodge, they show lots of availability for that weekend with prices starting at $110 for a guest room, this is a great property in a quiet location in Cannon Beach. Have fun! :)

Mentioned in this post
Ecola Creek Lodge
Ecola Creek Lodge
258 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

There are, I think, 2 Guest rooms at the Ecola Creek Lodge..the rest of the rooms are $149 and up...way up.

www.cannonbeachlodge.com/index.php?category=2

You can put in your dates and see what comes up..good luck..

And not sure if the minimum is 2 or 3 nights..be sure to check that when you look at hotels/motels at the Coast..

Mentioned in this post
Ecola Creek Lodge
Ecola Creek Lodge
258 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
7. Re: Is it alredy too late for hotel reservation July weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 08:24