We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

Portland, oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

I'd like to take my family on a horseback ride while we are in Cannon Beach. Does anyone know of a place that will take you riding? We will be there next week.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

I don't know if they're operating this early in the year, but you might try Sea Ranch Stables: www.cannon-beach.net/searanch/index.php. I hope the weather's better next week!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

Sea Ranch Stables does not open for beach rides until May 21, then only on weekends until about mid June.

If you want to drive about 20 minutes south to Nehalem SP, this company does have rides during spring break weeks.

However, you *must* call them ahead of time to arrange it, since I'm assuming they only bring the horses over if there is enough demand for rides that early in the season:

www.horserental.occybercafe.com/horse.shtml

Level Contributor
35,461 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

I hope you have a great time in Cannon Beach, we have been on the coast in Seaside all week having a wonderful time flying kites, riding bikes, picnicing at Ave U (Riverside BBQ Pulled Pork sammies) and enjoying the fine restaurants in the area. JP's in Cannon Beach was nice for dinner.

Nehalem State Park is gorgeous, you may want to stop at Oswald West State Park and look around, walk back to Short Sands Beach. Have fun on the coast! :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

syrah--I am guessing that you are looking forward to going home to CA. You poor thing, you've been cooped up all week. The weather sure wasn't on your side. But hey, you did get lots and lots of posts in so you helped a lot of people this week:)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,972 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

I would suggest to any visitor including syrahgirl to try to be in Portland / or the Oregon Coast just once after July and before September to see how really beautiful the summers are.

It is hard to judge what it is like before July- we were there often throughout the year and August and September were really the best months..of course July gets good days too :)

I wish we had gone horseback riding when we were there !

6. Re: Horseback riding in Cannon Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 14:18