We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Topic
Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Conde Nast has released it's Reader's Choice awards and none other than the Stephanie Inn has been ranked as the #3 hotel in the United States.

See the full hotel rankings here:

concierge.com/images/…RCAHotels.pdf

One other Oregon hotel made the list, perennial pick Tu Tu Tun Lodge.

Stephanie Inn's website: http://www.stephanie-inn.com/

Congratulations!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,223 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Actually, there was a third Oregon hotel that made the list as well. The De Luxe Hotel in Portland made the list:)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Stephanie Inn #3 in the country? That's a surprise! Maybe less of one with Tu Tu Tun, but Hotel De Luxe in the top 100 too?? Wow! Begs a question about the selection criteria. I've stayed in all three places, and they ARE nice. But, nicer than the top hotels in other major US and Canada cities or beach resorts in California and/or on the Atlantic coast? Not sure I'd agree...

It is nice to see them recognized though, but we all know what that means in terms of where their rates will go.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,223 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

I was hoping you would comment mistletoe since I knew you had stayed at all three. I have never been one for "best of" lists anyway, but it does make you wonder about how the hotels were chosen. We stayed at one recently that was on last years list, and now a hotel across the street from it is on the list. No idea how that one made it! Interesting...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Just noticed that the Hotel Lucia is on the list too. How does it figure that Lucia and De Luxe often don't even make the top 5 in Portland hotels recommended on this forum? And only De Luxe squeaks into the top 5 in the review section of TA. Hmmm...

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,162 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Johann, I just want to know one thing... are you here or are you there? :)

Is the Monaco on the list? I don't have the energy to look right now lol ... and I am puzzled by the Lucia being on the list ..

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,162 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

I looked at the lists and saw that I have stayed in a few of the hotels on the Europe list, the Canada list and the US .. cool :)

I still don't get the Lucia though :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Oh man. I've only stayed at 2 of them, and both were called something else when I stayed there. But I've driven by the other 2!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,162 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

oregone.. you are young, there is still time :D

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

Oops, I missed that when I read over it the first time, thanks!

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stephanie Inn Rated # 3 Hotel in the United States

33,000 + readers filled out this survey:

http://www.readerschoicesurvey.com/concierge

Guess a lot of frequent Portland travelers were in there - remember this is the same magazine that ranked PDX the # 1 airport in the US 2 years running.

I think a great hotel experience isn't just the function of the hotel, it's also a function of the people, the staff, the local experience (cuisine etc) and the environment, and it's hard to beat Portland in those categories.

Keep in mind too, that there is a separate category for "resorts".

We've been in most of the major airports in the country, and it's hard to argue with the choice of PDX, though - it really is the best.