We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannon Beach in October 2005 Coastal Living

Level Contributor
36,634 posts
907 reviews
Save Topic
Cannon Beach in October 2005 Coastal Living

There is a very nice two page article in next month's Coastal Living on Cannon Beach. A few great photos are worth noting for those loving living on the coast as we do!

Surfing at Indian Beach,Ecola State Park and Gower St. Bistro are also mentioned. Cheers! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,154 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cannon Beach in October 2005 Coastal Living

Yes, it would be interesting to hear the point of view from a resident..or even a Californian who visits Astoria.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Cannon Beach in October 2005 Coastal Living

Anyone see the hour-long show on the Travel Channel last night about the dangers of crossing the Columbia River bar? Apparently it's the most dangerous ocean/river passage in the lower continental 48 states, with Coast Guard crews coming from across the country to train there. I wonder how a huge tanker filled with LNG would fare.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,154 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cannon Beach in October 2005 Coastal Living

mistletoe,

I got an email from a friend this morning about that show. She warned me to stay off the water there LOL even if I wore a lifevest..I reassured her that there is very little chance I will be out on that water.

The whole thing sounds worse and worse! Wonder where things stand now?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cannon Beach in October 2005 Coastal Living

I knew it was a dangerous waterway, but I had no idea the extent of it. When we were in CT next to the Coast Guard Academy, friends were being stationed in Astoria. At the time I didnt really think twice about it, but after what you said I bet that was quite an interesting assignment. Still wouldn't want to live there though, lol!