We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap lodging

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
cheap lodging

I need one night at a clean cheap ($150.00)hotel. I would love to have an ocean view. Any ideas? Also, I am open to any northern coastal areas since I am not sure where I will end up on this road trip.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap lodging

i just found this place -- south of cannon beach

for the price its either going to be the best kept secret on the coast or the worst place to stay-- either way we booked 2 nites

www.sunsetsurfocean.com -manzinita (sp)-- there is also a discount coupon that you can print out

Level Contributor
36,976 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap lodging

Hi, you may want to check out the Lanai at the Cove in Seaside, the views from this property are beautiful! They have recently remodeled their outside and there is a small pool here, also. In this same area is the Tides by the Sea, they have condos in the back that have beautiful views, you are steps away from the ocean at this proeprty. The Seaside Inn on the prom is another one to check out, also steps away from the ocean. www.seasideor.com

Enjoy your time at the coast! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap lodging

What you might glean from the responses so far is that "cheap lodging in Cannon Beach" is an oxymoron, especially if you're also expecting an ocean view. Another issue might be that lots of places in Cannon Beach have minimum stay requirements during the high season. That all said, I'll toss out Ecola Creek Lodge as a consideration. Nice little place, within your budget, and a short walk to either the beach or town: http://www.cannonbeachlodge.com/v2/new.html .

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap lodging

Some of the smaller rooms at the Cannon Beach Hotel might be in that range. Those rooms will not have a view, but the hotel is just a half a block from the beach.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap lodging

Speak of the devil...I just got an email from the Cannon Beach Hotel (I'm on their mailing list from staying with them in the past) which says that their basic rooms are $140.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap lodging

I thought about Cannon Beach Hotel too, northwestwanderer, but couldn't find current rates posted on their website. So, good to know. Did the e-mail say anything about minimum stay requirements? I know they've had them in the past.

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap lodging

Thanks so much for all the info. I'll be checking on all this.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,393 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap lodging

We stayed there last fall, lougee. It's showing a bit of wear and tear, but was clean and friendly and a great bargain.

The San Dune Pub has very good food with large portions!

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap lodging

half-Brit

We stayed there last fall, lougee. It's showing a bit of wear and tear, but was clean and friendly and a great bargain.>>>

thats for the thumbs up ---- and we can bring the dog too

4 people and 1 dog for about 105.00 per nite incl taxes

10. Re: cheap lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 07:21